Gibson Brands Forums

Made It To The Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame!

DanvillRob

Very cool.

Great program. I recall seeing the group pic posted here. B)

I've been there twice in the last few years - my brother lives in Akron - I had to catch the Springsteen exhibit last year. Awesome displays. Highly recommend a visit.

Awesome. Congrats Rob. [thumbup]

Congrats,what a great place to have your flyer preserved, I think that is so cool!!! or in the language of the day "I really dig your scene, gigging with the Breadmen had to be groovy".

Please just tell me you changed you hair style later in life.BTW any idea what ever happened to the bread truck,it must have been a cool thing to have for the band and bring groupies.

they finaly put someone good in

Thanks to you all.... I'm told the program is on display in the "San Francisco Scene" section.

Not sure if you read an earlier post.... the girl in the photo, (all the way to the right), is Janet Planet.

This was the night Janet & Van Morrison met. We were on our way out to dinner.

Notice how she's looking right through me? Van never stood a chance!

msp_thumbup.gif I knew their was a reason you in my top 5 bass players list!

Great stuff Rob.

I recently found some old newspaper ads for an outdoor all day 4th of July show we headlined back in the day. Cool memories.

Cookie..... I'm sure I wasn't even the best bass player in my high school, (I went to high school with Rocco Prestia)!

To be honest, I was a MUCH better bass player than Rocco, (who I only knew as Frank), back then....but damn if he ain't fabulous now!

Rob, Question about the band name. How did it come about and did you personally care for it?

I know how tough it is for band members to agree on a name. Just wondering if there was a good story behind it.

Cookie, we were a working band called The Tarantels. We lost our bass player, so I moved to bass, our lead guitar, (also lead singer), moved to rhythm, we brought in a lead guitar and a keyboard.

We got a chance to play with The Turtles, so we took it. First night we got spotted by a Production Company. They signed us up to be "Peter Wheat & The Breadmen". Not our choice at all, but Peter Wheat Bread was a big San Francisco East Bay company, (the old bread truck was theirs).

Our managers wanted a name no one would ever forget....I supposed they got that, eh?

WHOA...amazing memorabilia.

Flashback central. I lived in Modesto for a good while way back when.

Those posters take me back. I remember the Varsity Shop at McHenry Village.

Them at the Strand Theater is too much. I believe that historic theater was razed.

A lot of famous acts played the Strand all the way back to the start of the 20th Century.

I missed a chance to see the Doors at the local skating rink in Modesto.

In a few months their new album hit the charts and the rest is....

Although I did get to see Sam And Dave live at the Junior College.

1000 seat house and they were incredible.

WHOA...amazing memorabilia.

Flashback central. I lived in Modesto for a good while way back when.

Those posters take me back. I remember the Varsity Shop at McHenry Village.

Them at the Strand Theater is too much. I believe that historic theater was razed.

A lot of famous acts played the Strand all the way back to the start of the 20th Century.

I missed a chance to see the Doors at the local skating rink in Modesto.

In a few months their new album hit the charts and the rest is....

Although I did get to see Sam And Dave live at the Junior College.

1000 seat house and they were incredible.

DMG, I recall The Strand.

The night of this concert, I recall Van Morrison got drunk and beat up some of his bandmates. He left the stage midway through the show.

He had a limousine there... back then it wasn't like a stretch limo, more like a undertaker's car..... was just he and Janet in it.

I was curious, so I went up the back door of the limo. Van saw me and INSISTED I get in with him and Janet.... I didn't want to get in,

(I'd just seen him beat up his friends!).

Anyway, I got in and the three of us were BS'ing when the Police arrived and arrested him... pulled him out of the car and took him away.

I was left in the limo with Janet, who shortly got out to chase down the police.

DMG, I recall The Strand.

The night of this concert, I recall Van Morrison got drunk and beat up some of his bandmates. He left the stage midway through the show.

He had a limousine there... back then it wasn't like a stretch limo, more like a undertaker's car..... was just he and Janet in it.

I was curious, so I went up the back door of the limo. Van saw me and INSISTED I get in with him and Janet.... I didn't want to get in,

(I'd just seen him beat up his friends!).

Anyway, I got in and the three of us were BS'ing when the Police arrived and arrested him... pulled him out of the car and took him away.

I was left in the limo with Janet, who shortly got out to chase down the police.

Danville, thanks for the memories, man.

Archived