Gibson Brands Forums

Funniest Real Names?

Kimbabig

D!ck Burns . . . . . . Ouch! . . B)

Yeah, I used to know a gentleman with the same name at Union Carbide.

D!ck Tiddy was a professional golfer. D!ck Trickle- NASCAR driver (Yo Fred). Seems to be an emerging pattern here.

I work with a guy named Milton Woody. Governor Hogg from Texas named his daughter Ima.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few in my family. Gozeal was my grandmother's given name. No ethnicity involved unless you want to count western North Carolina hills as an ethnicity. Yes, Carolina barbecue is the one true way to barbecue. Just saying. You don't have to be born into it to figure it out, but it helps.

I new a little girl once and her parents had named her Misty Flowers.Here's one that I saw in the phone book: Mike Hunt.At one of our local hospitals we had these 3 doctors working at the same time and apparently one day this page came over the PA "Drs Kum,Killum and Quick to the O.R. Please."

100% serious here - I actually had a teacher in High School that was named Harry Ballse. he was always trying to pronounce is Balzay but for pretty much every kid in the school and 90% of the teacher he was just Harry Balls. I always wondered what his parents were thinking.

I also used to have a Guy working for me who's name was Adam A Adams. After almost two years I had to ask what the A. in his middle initial stood for and yep it was Adam??? So his parents named him Adam Adam Adams? Guess his parents had no originality or maybe one of them stuttered and it stuck when hey tried to fill out the birth certificate. Probably really sucked growing up but he was probably always first in line.

Down here there's a small town where everyone has names like pepsi cola, disneyland and heineken beer. Whenever you meet someone who's got a weird name you ask them if they are from there and they always are.

Would that be Truth or Consequences, Arizona?

I knew 3 brothers who were named Jerome,Gerard and Gerald,it must have been confusing when they were growing up and someone phoned for "Gerry".I imagine if they had had 2 more they'd been named Jermaine and Jeremiah.

Archived