Gibson Brands Forums

How to rock out with your bass on stage

Searcy

I would love to see this asshole up on stage, would make my day. I hope he slaps his *** midsong too

If I ever had anyone do the kind of peacock bullshit he was talking about in a band, I'd kick em out or leave myself. No questions asked.

"Be Gene Simmons" sounds like terrible advice to me on any type of question...

That was sweet. Good one Searcy!

I bumped into Lemmy at the bookstore Friday night, and you know what he was wearing?

Azz. Tight. Jeans. [*slap*slap*slap*] Good bit tighter than in the video I might add.

And if you think THAT bass player doesn't know "How to play bass on stage" then you need to sell your gear and find a new pastime.

I believe Lemmy is also known for doing the 'machine gun' as well as owning the front of the stage. Good comedy... don't take yourselves so seriously, kids.

Short Hair, BPR, Gap Tooth, Hurley T-Shirt, Messy Closet and Huge Pack of Basic Smokes in the back ground.............Talking' about Bratwurst and Cucumber?

How could anyone take this guy seriously?! Text book example of Absurd Comedy. Might be a little hard to accept without an English accent, but this guy is Dry Humor Personified. Almost as funny as the guys who take him seriously! =D>[lol] [lol]

Short Hair, BPR, Gap Tooth, Hurley T-Shirt, Messy Closet and Huge Pack of Basic Smokes in the back ground.............Talking' about Bratwurst and Cucumber?

How could anyone take this guy seriously?! Text book example of Absurd Comedy. Might be a little hard to accept without an English accent, but this guy is Dry Humor Personified. Almost as funny as the guys who take him seriously! =D>[lol] [lol]

Bingo! [thumbup] A good bit of absurd humor, and as far as I can tell, very little else.

He seemed like a pretty competent bass player from what little he played in the video--good technique, good tone and nice riffs.

I think someone who takes him seriously is sort of missing the point.

Bingo! [thumbup] A good bit of absurd humor, and as far as I can tell, very little else.

He seemed like a pretty competent bass player from what little he played in the video--good technique, good tone and nice riffs.

I think someone who takes him seriously is sort of missing the point.

I was noticing his riffs and licks came off pretty clean and effortless. I bet he gets a lot of those "Dude, you're a good bass player but you need to move around more" comments that Bass Player's always seem to get. My Brother is the Bass Player in our band and he gets that a lot. He's over there covering John Paul Jones and Wilbur Bascomb but folks still want to see him Shake It on Down. He's holding down the fort, Man! He don't need to Gyrate! [biggrin]

Archived