Gibson Brands Forums

Transportation To Gigs

MrNylon

I have my people talk to the venue's people, then they negotiate, then my people verify that the "riders" will be in place, then my people force the

venues to upgrade the transport vehicles, followed by my people vetting the people that the venue's people hire for the transportation, then my

people remind the transportation people that I like to arrive fashionably late, so as not to piss their people off too much......................................

Usually once this is all arranged, I wake up from my dream, realize I'm late for the gig, which doesn't pay anyways, and hop on the bus............

I have my people talk to the venue's people, then they negotiate, then my people verify that the "riders" will be in place, then my people force the

venues to upgrade the transport vehicles, followed by my people vetting the people that the venue's people hire for the transportation, then my

people remind the transportation people that I like to arrive fashionably late, so as not to piss their people off too much......................................

Usually once this is all arranged, I wake up from my dream, realize I'm late for the gig, which doesn't pay anyways, and hop on the bus............

Let's do lunch. My people will get in touch with your people.

I dont drive, so all the band members get rides there. Most of the time we go to the venue the night before the gig and do a setup and small sound check.

then me and the rhythm guitarist take transit to the place and get there about 2-3 hours before the show, if we dont get rides(which is almost always [flapper])

then do a sound check when everyone arrives [biggrin]

For out of town shows we used to rent a van. This guaranteed that everyone got there and on time. Also spread out the weight of picking a designated driver at the end of the night and driving during the day.

In town it was find your way to the show although we commonly met at the rehearsal space together to gear out together. Helping each other carry stuff builds moral. And you can force that princess of a lead singer to actually lift something.

Archived