Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Guitar CEO Henry Juszkiewicz will meet with federal officials next week.

bluesguitar65

Latest news regarding the Gibson Raids.

U.S. Justice Department officials have requested a meeting with Gibson Guitar owners next week, while in Congress lawmakers continue to ask why the factories and offices of the longtime manufacturer of prized guitars were raided on Aug. 24.

Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz said he will meet with federal officials in Nashville on Wednesday to discuss the raids. Juszkiewicz said he is unsure where the conversation will lead.

In Congress, U.S. Fish & Wildlife officials have agreed to brief lawmakers on the House Energy and Commerce Committee in the next two weeks on the issue, U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Brentwood, said Wednesday.

Read the rest of the article here, CLICK HERE

I love this part:

"U.S. Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Nashville, said on Wednesday that he plans to introduce legislation to amend the Lacey Act that would grandfather in musical instruments made before 2008 to address musicians’ concerns about travel. He also said the law should be revised to make it less onerous for businesses to understand and follow."

I deal with more companies than I can count. Trying to weed through and understand all the federal regulations imposed on them is more difficult than solving complex orbital dynamics equations to get a spacecraft to Pluto!

I hope Henry brings along somebody that can speak more eloquently than he does. Nothing against him, just not a

The Feds need to face a Gibson representative that has a mix of diplomacy, assertiveness, testosterone and caffeine so they stop fu*king around.

I hope Henry brings along somebody that can speak more eloquently than he does. Nothing against him, just not a

The Feds need to face a Gibson representative that has a mix of diplomacy, assertiveness, testosterone and caffeine so they stop fu*king around.

word!

Last night I was reading a bit - noted a thread that apparently now is gone that was hypercritical of HJ while most of "us" had our hollering and now are watching to see what happens for read rather than simply hollering politics.

I had a bit of an inside track saying that feds feel Gibson is difficult to work with, but my own experience indicates so are the feds.

Frankly I think Gibbie forums have done a good job of letting on some rants, then cooling as we watch reality 'stedda just being nasty one way or another which apparently some other forums allow themselves.

Good to hear there's a potential for real talks rather than just total lawyering up on both sides. Also good to hear a Lacey act clarification that may remove some musicians' concerns.

m

I love this part:

"U.S. Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Nashville, said on Wednesday that he plans to introduce legislation to amend the Lacey Act that would grandfather in musical instruments made before 2008 to address musicians’ concerns about travel. He also said the law should be revised to make it less onerous for businesses to understand and follow."

I deal with more companies than I can count. Trying to weed through and understand all the federal regulations imposed on them is more difficult than solving complex orbital dynamics equations to get a spacecraft to Pluto!

Yeah but. You will still have to be able to prove to the border patrol that your guitar is grandfathered. Best get your documentation together and stow it with your passport.

Henry will be fine.

Public pressure is strong.

Congress is calling for hearings, concerned citizens from all over the country have been sending letters, signing petitions and making phone calls and the news is starting to shine some light on these unfortunate events.

He's also got the best lawyer money can buy working for him.

This is your Stimulus money at work: Extra Federal Employees, extra contacts with auditors and law firms. They have to show that they are productive. Laws and regulations are intentionally written to be vague enough to guarantee full employment to lawyers. After 30+ years in healthcare financial management - I've never had any problem with government agents or auditors. Now - in the past two years - they are climbing all over themselves to ask the same questions 5 different ways. No matter what you provide them - it isn't enough - and they accuse you of being 'unresponsive'. This, I am certain, is the same problem that Gibson is faced with. When the government tells you to export your business - you know you are in deep doo doo!

Archived