Gibson Brands Forums

Post pics of your rig

This_Dying_Soul

Well most of my pedals are in Illinois, but mine is this, but the pedalboard has almost completely changed, so ignore that part

IMG_1816.jpg

My pedalboard currently consists of polytune -> pedal that dub is building for me hopefully soon once he gets the parts I sent him, -> Dwarfcraft Baby Thundaa -> Carbon Copy Delay.

My other pedals back in Illinois are all fuzzes and a vibrato and a tremolo. However, my pedals I have with me, along with the footswitch for my amp, offer me a ton of sounds. Probably gonna sell some fuzz, get another delay or some modulation, and go more minimalist with around 6 pedals or so

EDIT: Son of a B! That picture doesn't even have the bigsby on yet...

80a13141.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the best photo, but I play through some combination of this stuff at home. I have some other miscellaneous pedals floating around. I haven't been using pedals lately. Sometimes I'll go through a Big Muff or something...

7659.jpg

For gigs, I play one of the above guitars through this...

5358.jpg

Nat, hows that Bigsby working on your Studio ??? And the angle ???

Awesome! I have since stopped putting the strings under that little bar, and I now have it over so it's got more janglies kinda like a jazzmaster trem. I love it and have no idea how I lived without one

Twiz- dat tuck and rolled amp? I gotta change my shorts

Twiz- dat tuck and rolled amp? I gotta change my shorts

Yea. It's an old Kustom. I think from around '68. It's a solid state, but is the best clean sound I've heard from an amp. Also it has a built in tremolo and reverb. Both sound really awesome. I got it off a guy for $15 because he thought it was ugly. I mean, it is, but it sounds really great.

Yea. It's an old Kustom. I think from around '68. It's a solid state, but is the best clean sound I've heard from an amp. Also it has a built in tremolo and reverb. Both sound really awesome. I got it off a guy for $15 because he thought it was ugly. I mean, it is, but it sounds really great.

hahaha, that's wicked sweet! I want one of the old kustoms, midwest buy and sell has a few, and i'm trying to get my bassist to get a 6x10 or something its a really rad blue sparkle haha

Well most of my pedals are in Illinois, but mine is this, but the pedalboard has almost completely changed, so ignore that part

IMG_1816.jpg

My pedalboard currently consists of polytune -> pedal that dub is building for me hopefully soon once he gets the parts I sent him, -> Dwarfcraft Baby Thundaa -> Carbon Copy Delay.

My other pedals back in Illinois are all fuzzes and a vibrato and a tremolo. However, my pedals I have with me, along with the footswitch for my amp, offer me a ton of sounds. Probably gonna sell some fuzz, get another delay or some modulation, and go more minimalist with around 6 pedals or so

nice amp [love]

IMG_20111006_112653.jpg

Her's the rig I've been jamming on lately. I have to send the MOD 102 kitamp home to its owner soon so I'm trying to get in as much timeon this little 5W monster is possable. The MXR really turns this thing into a solid rocket booster!

Nice rig!! How do you like your Gretsch? I've had my eye on one of those lately.

I love the Gretsch, but word of advice, try as many different examples of the same model as possible. Even with CNC technology there is a difference in sound between seemingly identical guitars - mainly because no 2 trees are alike. When you've taken the time to find the best possible example of the model you're after it is well worth the money.

IMG_1816.jpg

80a13141.jpg

That Bigsby looks badass man. [thumbup]

OK, my real one

rig002.jpg

My old rig

Amps002.jpg

Nice Studio! love the finish and the gold hardware. :D

Searcy, that rig rules. Right down to the coiled cable. [thumbup]

What kind of MXR pedal is that?

That's an MXR Distortion+ 2000 Series from 1984. The greatest distortion pedal ever built! Oh..... and the curly cable is a 1966 Fender. It's where all my righteous tone comes from.

Dist.jpg

That's an MXR Distortion+ 2000 Series from 1984. The greatest distortion pedal ever built! Oh..... and the curly cable is a 1966 Fender. It's where all my righteous tone comes from.

That's killer. I'm guessing the knobs are just gain and volume right? "The less knobs it has, the better it will sound." -Some advice I got from an old rock and roller I saw playing some bar years ago. He had a really awesome tone.

4675659205_2f5ec5c0cc.jpg

5264056167_efbc56caa6.jpg

I also have an orange rockerverb 100 I play live as well.

Holy crap. These are not amps. They are monoliths for sound. I bet you can bend light with these rigs. Good stuff.

Also, I spotted in your signature that you have an OR120 from the 70's. A buddy of mine had one of those. It was the loudest thing I've ever heard, and I've seen a space shuttle launch, and Motorhead (although, not at the same time). -Painfully loud, but sounded awesome.

Archived