Gibson Brands Forums

Megadeth

Silenced Fred

Yes, Chris Broderick is a great guitarist. He's on par with Jeff Loomis. If he's going to be playing, I would def drop by and see him.

If it's just a signing thing, maybe not so much as you don't like Megadeth.

i agree, he's awesome.

some guy, last name broderik or something, from Megadeth is coming to a local music store. Should i interrupt study time to go check it out?

I'm not really into the band, like at all, but if he's a cool guy, I'll probably head out

Those statements mean you don't deserve to be in the same room as him! [angry]

He's a wicked awesome musician.

I have a friend who's met him 2 times. really cool from what I'm told. And the man can shred with the best of 'em. The list of former Megadeth lead guitarists contains some of the best guitarists on earth but Chris Broderick is one of the best. I'm still a bigger Marty Friedman fan but Chris is probably the best possible guitarist to follow in Marty's footsteps

As someone else said if he's playing or giving a clinic it's worth anyone's while to go check him out. If it's just an autograph signing it would only be worth going if you already considered yourself a fan.

He's right though. Enjoy your Nels Cline or whatever sh*tty guitarists you like.

Chris Broderick is the real deal. Either learn to love Megadeth or GTFO.

did you really just say that nels cline is shitty?

just because i don't know who the dude is, doesn't mean I'm knocking him... jesus christ

I'll just get out of my own thread and let you guys have you broderick wank fest then... :rolleyes:

You'll never say, "I wish I hadn't gone to see that guy". But you might say, "I wish I had gone to see that guy".

You don't have to be into someone to get something out of them. He's not "Just" the guitarist from Megadeth (although that's all he needs to be), he's one of the best Hired Guns int he business and an extremely well rounded player. He just might share your appreciation for Nels Cline or turn you on to broader horizons. Maybe not though. [unsure]

He's right though. Enjoy your Nels Cline or whatever sh*tty guitarists you like.

Chris Broderick is the real deal. Either learn to love Megadeth or GTFO.

your post made baby jesus cry. hope you're happy.

your post made baby jesus cry. hope you're happy.

i am crying...

and its just a signing/appearance thing. i was gonna go, but the combination of ******yness on here/expectancy of a foot of snow tonight and my art history test looming over my head is making me reconsider.

I love Megadeth, I think Chris Broderick is an amazing technician, but I'm not much of a fan of his composition skills. Hell, my name is an acronym of Killing is My Business, and Business is Good; their debut album. But that being said, I don't have any problem with you not liking Megadeth, in fact you did it in such more of a polite way than you did dad rock. and people are pissed off? [confused] I personally would go see it, nothing really to lose, Chris sounds a really cool guy, if you go then cool, if you don't that's cool too.

I love Megadeth, I think Chris Broderick is an amazing technician, but I'm not much of a fan of his composition skills. Hell, my name is an acronym of Killing is My Business, and Business is Good; their debut album. But that being said, I don't have any problem with you not liking Megadeth, in fact you did it in such more of a polite way than you did dad rock. and people are pissed off? [confused] I personally would go see it, nothing really to lose, Chris sounds a really cool guy, if you go then cool, if you don't that's cool too.

That's ******' Cool! B)

OMG, the Autocensor censored F R I C K E N'. I censored myself and it censored me anyway [lol]

How did you get past wanting to punch his voice right in the face? :)

I guess voices are just something that grow on you, I used to not be able to stand Rush because of Geddy Lee's vocals, but they kind of grew on, I don't think he's a great vocalist or anything, but they grow on you, and now I love rush.

also- instrumentals! the trumpet is kind of cheesy though, but it's only for like 2 seconds. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYTVAXng6Y

This thread needs some slayer..

Good point, Kerry was in Megadeth briefly, Dimebag almost played in Megadeth, so let's post some Pantera, while we're at it I'll post some of Chris Poland's post Megadeth Jazz/Fusion work. But he played with Kofi Baker-Ginger Bakers son, who played with Cream, so we'll post some Cream.

Archived