Gibson Brands Forums

discuss

Silenced Fred

Fred have you tried doing those chords without a capo? There are two ways around it. Barre chords are not only doable in A and E shapes. As you go up past the 7th fret you can do them in D, C and G shape too. It's just a matter of getting accustomed to it.

Another option is to tune one of your guitars on an open tuning.

And of course my prefered option is to look at chord inversions that will work the same way up there without the use of a capo.

I posted that question because I find calls to be really uncomfortable and non practical.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Telecasters are the best guitars for making real music. This is true.

I will probably end up with a used MiM telecaster early next year, but I think I do need a jazzy. I might get a frankentele thing build using the neck off of my MIJ Strat... then I can finally sell the body/parts.

Anyone need a series 1 tremolo?

No, but I have one of these. It would do the job for you and give you that much sought after slightly bearded but not over tat'd or pierced shoe gazer cred:

p47173.jpg

rct

Fred have you tried doing those chords without a capo? There are two ways around it. Barre chords are not only doable in A and E shapes. As you go up past the 7th fret you can do them in D, C and G shape too. It's just a matter of getting accustomed to it.

Another option is to tune one of your guitars on an open tuning.

And of course my prefered option is to look at chord inversions that will work the same way up there without the use of a capo.

I posted that question because I find calls to be really uncomfortable and non practical.

I hear you. I like using capos actually and find it more comfortable than really whacky chord shapes

I can appreciate the love for Teles, I really can. I love the tones! Just can't bring myself to buy one. I'm happy with the current harem.

Same here, I was starting to think I "needed" one and a friend that was recording here in Nashville brought his to the house and ended up not taking it to the studio because they had better stuff there. I played the Tele for a couple of days just to realize all over again those guitars are not for me.

I like my Strat because it makes me snap out of my usual, playing style and sound wise.

Explorers would take a capo way down the fretboard because of the neck profile on the current USA production and they have slightly better upper fret access than an SG but I hope you don't use an Explorer for this.

Have you thought about having a guitar built for you? That way you could have everything you want: the tone, electronics, wood, shape, finish, neck profile of your preference.

Something tells me you are looking for a particular shape and tone. And most guitars we can recommend won't fit your desired specs.

No, but I have one of these. It would do the job for you and give you that much sought after slightly bearded but not over tat'd or pierced shoe gazer cred:

p47173.jpg

rct

Nope, no shoe gazer cred. I have my ironically bearded indie hipster cred and that's all I need.

Have you thought about having a guitar built for you? That way you could have everything you want: the tone, electronics, wood, shape, finish, neck profile of your preference.

Something tells me you are looking for a particular shape and tone. And most guitars we can recommend won't fit your desired specs.

I think I'm gonna end up with a telecaster body off of eBay or something, with the neck from my Strat on it and a tele neck pickup and undecided bridge pickup. Maybe just standard tele bridge, not sure.

I'm not super particular about guitars tbh, I just want a nice neck, and that Strat has a great neck

I will probably end up with a used MiM telecaster early next year, but I think I do need a jazzy. I might get a frankentele thing build using the neck off of my MIJ Strat... then I can finally sell the body/parts.

How about a Telemaster? Could put a Quarter Pounder in the neck position

tmaster02.jpg

5891774902_41d1183e4a_b.jpg

How about a Telemaster? Could put a Quarter Pounder in the neck position

tmaster02.jpg

5891774902_41d1183e4a_b.jpg

I love the telecaster neck pickup, it is honestly one of my favorite pickups, would never take it out. I have nothing against the telecaster body style, and still plan on getting an AVRi Jazzy in Oly White because its so sexy [love]

You want easy access to upper frets, and you like capos, the Stienberger has a Baritone with total access to upper frets and a built in capo, take your blinders off.

I also don't wear spandex and have girl hair so I won't play a steinberger.

its not blinders, its called being straight

Now that's just stupid d00d.

Discriminating against a brand/model that actually offers what you are looking for because some glam dudes used them is lame.

I'm discriminating against a brand because the brand is stupid.

No headstock? Shitty looks? I'll pass. Mainly, the no headstock thing just makes the guitar look like absolute ****.

I'm sure PT Cruisers are great cars, but I sure as **** won't own one. I don't want any more hum buckers except for a semi hollow with some 57s in it, but that's later.

Steinbergers suck. I have played a few at CME and they all felt like ****. Sorry my personal tastes matter to me

http://new.ca.music....teal-his-women/

Slash is a drunk, it says so in an article.

And he pees himself. It also says so in an article.

This cracked me up

I wasnt the minus BTW but. Axl Broke the law here. What goes on tour stays on tour.... I am sure if Slash wanted to he could recount hundreds of stories. Ive never liked Axl he has always come across as a petulant child pissed when things dont go his own way. I have always liked their music. Well up until spaghetti Incident when Axl's voice died. But the cardinal sin should never be broken. My band have only played together once and we all know the rules. Its not like what happens in vegas goes on Facebook. keep the stories and pictures to himself. Any "man" who tries to build himself up based on telling stories about another isnt a man. IMO

I was in the audience for SLASH MAX sessions here in Australia a full acoustic session of some awesome songs. the dude can play and when he was asked over and over and over to talk about Axl he simply replied good times good times.

Poor Axl, he doesn't want to face the fact that no matter what he says about Slash he's the one who ruined Guns & Roses.

No. I refuse to believe that. It was Slash. Always pissing all over himself before the shows, after the shows pissing all over himself. He even pissed on Axle once or twice.

The obsurdity of this is so childish. It was Slash and his refusal to use depends.

There.

I've said it. Piss off Slash.

Just kidding. We all know who killed G-n-R.

No. I refuse to believe that. It was Slash. Always pissing all over himself before the shows, after the shows pissing all over himself. He even pissed on Axle once or twice.

The obsurdity of this is so childish. It was Slash and his refusal to use depends.

There.

I've said it. Piss off Slash.

Just kidding. We all know who killed G-n-R.

[scared] [scared] :lol: [lol] [lol] [lol]

Archived