Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Double Cut

Dr.Guitar

I am truly puzzled that Epiphone has released a compatible model of every Les Paul ever issued, and some that never existed before, with the exception of the LP double cut in TV yellow or cherry. Why has this model, which has been used in many performances and recordings been overlooked? Just throwing it out there people.

I am truly puzzled that Epiphone has released a compatible model of every Les Paul ever issued, and some that never existed before, with the exception of the LP double cut in TV yellow or cherry. Why has this model, which has been used in many performances and recordings been overlooked? Just throwing it out there people.

I wouldn't say it's been overlooked, maybe Epi just feels it's time hasn't come yet.

With the single cut set neck model that came out a while ago I expect it'll be coming soon...maybe 2012 or 2013? I hope.

I don't know about the 'they don't sell', Gibson doesn't seem to have a problem moving them. The model for the Japanese market is exactly what I was hoping to see... hope when they finally import it, they offer it in cherry also. I'll be waiting... as will many southern rocker fans of .38 Special, Molly Hatchett and Skynyrd.

Someone here, I think it's Charlie Brown maybe? Has an Epiphone double cut with P90s.

That would be a nice guitar to see come back into the lineup for a while.

I believe CB has a red Gibson doublecut lp and a black Gibson doublecut lp. It's been a while since I've been on here so I could be mistaken but I know he had 2 Gibson doublecut lp's.

They've made several runs of both the bolt-neck and set neck versions over the last 10 years, they crop up on e-bay described as Specials, Juniors, TV Specials, Doublecuts...1 and 2 pickup models. A few members here have set neck ones and speak highly of them. I was looking out for one myself but found a secondhand Gibson faded version first.

100_0518.jpg

post-7390-015937200 1320562420_thumb.jpg

Epiphone has made a Les Paul Special Double Cut model. Have a look at the attached pic. A google image search will show others, I'm sure.

I have a red Epi DC LP Special, I think it was made in the late 1990's or early 2000's. Nice thick slab of mahogany, probably weighs close to 10 lbs. I put a pair of Duncan P-90's in it. Yes, they ought to have DC LP's as a regular production models, in both plain P-90 and flame top HB versions. Great body design.

I believe CB has a red Gibson doublecut lp and a black Gibson doublecut lp. It's been a while since I've been on here so I could be mistaken but I know he had 2 Gibson doublecut lp's.

Sorry....All my "double cuts" are Gibson.

2005 "Faded" Special (modified, with '59 TRC, and Grover Rotomatic tuners.)

DSC_0027.jpg

2001 "Junior Lite (Red and Black) modified with tulip tuners, and TP6 Tailpieces,

in Gold...on the black one.

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

I DO have a MIJ Epiphone '61 SG Standard, that was made under license, with Gibson,

until 2006, when that agreement expired.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Great guitars...All! [thumbup]

CB

I remembered you had the Gibson DCs, CB, but I must have been mixing you up on the Epiphone.

I know someone around these parts at one time had posted a cherry Epiphone DC special with 2 P90s with the clip ear headstock. Wish I could remember who it was!

I remembered you had the Gibson DCs, CB, but I must have been mixing you up on the Epiphone.

I know someone around these parts at one time had posted a cherry Epiphone DC special with 2 P90s with the clip ear headstock. Wish I could remember who it was!

You didn't mix ME up...LOL :rolleyes:[biggrin]

I know, it's hard to keep people's guitars sorted out, there are SO many posted

on both this, and the Gibson Forum, alone. Never mind, other guitar forums, that

you, or other's may be a member of.

Cheers,

CB

Archived