Gibson Brands Forums

Gilliangirl

ol fred

I've sent emails through the forum, country tabs, photobucket, facebook, and to her personal email address with no success. If you count Karen among your friends please see if she if she will answer you.

If you're in Calgary please check on her. I know she was spending a lot of time with her horses during the summer, but it's a bit cold to be out riding now.

Karen, if you're lurking please let your friends know that you're OK

I just talked with her last week while on business in Calgary. She's doing fine; she's just busy with 'stuff' -- a lot of horsing around, as I understand it. [biggrin] She's busy helping out with a friend's outfit, where they need a lot of help with tending to several horses, and she is quite occupied with that.

Fred

I just talked with her last week while on business in Calgary. She's doing fine; she's just busy with 'stuff' -- a lot of horsing around, as I understand it. [biggrin] She's busy helping out with a friend's outfit, where they need a lot of help with tending to several horses, and she is quite occupied with that.

Fred

Thanks Fred.

Holy smoke, I've been gone so long it made me log back in again!

I'm so sorry for the long absence!! [crying]

SHORT VERSION: Fred is right, I have been really busy with the farm where I board my horse.

LONG VERSION: My horse is also not doing well (Cushings and acute laminitis) so have been dealing with that. The owner of the farm is 73 and has a badly damaged knee. He is in the process of selling off some of his 35 horses because he just can't manage it any more. He'll be going in for surgery (possibly amputation) soon and there's a handful of us who are going to have to feed whatever is left of the 35 horses. It's a bad time of year to be selling horses too [sad] Had to get fences mended for winter, automatic waters insulated, fill badger holes, etc. On top of that the doctor thinks I might have Lyme disease so have been getting tests for that ~sigh~

I haven't had much time to play guitar. I started working on a couple of songs but then got discouraged. I was working on I Only Want To Be With You by Dusty Springfield and Why Have You Left The One You Left Me For by Crystal Gayle, but abandoned both projects because I just can't make them sound good. Grrrrr! The problem is my lack of ability to do arrangements I think. It all sounds so..... robotic and emotionless. I did manage to get the strings changed on Lily about a week ago but I think I'm going back to Elixirs on that guitar. Anyway......

There is no way I am going to be able to catch up on all the threads I missed!

Fred, you're on Country Tabs? I had uploaded a bunch of Gillian Welch songs (rare ones) to that site a few years ago but then the site crashed and I was too lazy to upload them again! I just got your FB request so will process that one! \:D/

SlimT, you're in Calgary? Wow! Small world!

Hi Em7! Good to see you!

Denis, I'm okay (depending on your definition of okay heehee)

Your just to funny... where did you score your SJ from?

Long $ McQuade. Have you been to the new place on MacLeod? I STILL haven't been there. And I've also heard that Guitarworks on 16th is opening up again. I'm so out-of-the-loop these days. All my money (yeah, like I have a lot of money [rolls eyes]) has been going to a sick horsey. [crying]

Haha! Freudian slip! I typed a dollar sign instead of an amprosand in 'Long and McQuade'. I think I'll leave it there! It's quite appropriate! [lol]

Long $ McQuade. Have you been to the new place on MacLeod? I STILL haven't been there. And I've also heard that Guitarworks on 16th is opening up again. I'm so out-of-the-loop these days. All my money (yeah, like I have a lot of money [rolls eyes]) has been going to a sick horsey. [crying]

Long and Mc Quade? I live there... [smile] I wont step on the parking lot of Guitarworks though.. I remember when they first opened on 16th.. It wasnt bad back then. I did alot of Bizz with them.. . Now.. there Just to greedy..

Mcc is No different..

Oh, I missed you< Karen--I did, I did!!

(I mean, it's okay to have a life and all, but... :rolleyes: )

Hi Anne! It's good to see you! I'm so glad you were here to keep the estrogen level up on the forum! [thumbup]

You know how busy life gets sometimes..... whew! Just too much stuff going on these days, and I'm not getting any younger

. This guy really needs some help and I'm out there literally from sun up to sun down (and beyond)

Long and Mc Quade? I live there... [smile] I wont step on the parking lot of Guitarworks though.. I remember when they first opened on 16th.. It wasnt bad back then. I did alot of Bizz with them.. . Now.. there Just to greedy..

Mcc is No different..

I think Drathbun had a bad experience with the MacLeod set too. He's in Calgary. Guitarworks is bad for prices. I was looking at a Planet Waves humidity tester thingy awhile back and the same thing was twice as much at Guitarworks. Same with the guitars. They do get some nice Gibsons in but the prices aren't as good as they are at L$McQ

The other thing I disliked about Guitarworks is I always seemed to get some 16 year old with blue painted fingernails playing Buckeyhead. If I wanted to buy strings or something, I got the third degree because I was interrupting his Steve Vai arpeggios (or whatever)

Sorry to drag this on Everyone..

Guitar works is commision.. they set there price at list and add anther list on top of it..

as for L&M .. there straight time folks.. If I wanted to order a special Guitar tommorrow.. I would be at L&M doing just that.. There just a better store , Polite people.. , and No games.. they bought out Mothers Music. so there is a NE location.. and a new location being built in the N.W off of Stoney Trail..

As For you... Glad you found your way back here... ...

Sorry to drag this on Everyone..

Guitar works is commision.. they set there price at list and add anther list on top of it..

as for L&M .. there straight time folks.. If I wanted to order a special Guitar tommorrow.. I would be at L&M doing just that.. There just a better store , Polite people.. , and No games.. they bought out Mothers Music. so there is a NE location.. and a new location being built in the N.W off of Stoney Trail..

As For you... Glad you found your way back here... ...

Ha! I remember Mother's Music -- they also had a location in Vancouver many years ago!

It's too bad that Calgary hasn't developed the stores like Myhre's Music and Avenue Guitar, as in Edmonton -- I've only ever bought one guitar from a Calgary-area store, and that was L&M. Avenue I've bought from several times now, and Myhre's is a great place (although not a Gibson dealer).

Fred

Ha! I remember Mother's Music -- they also had a location in Vancouver many years ago!

It's too bad that Calgary hasn't developed the stores like Myhre's Music and Avenue Guitar, as in Edmonton -- I've only ever bought one guitar from a Calgary-area store, and that was L&M. Avenue I've bought from several times now, and Myhre's is a great place (although not a Gibson dealer).

Fred

I dont think there is a Market for any of it here.. There are Collectors , But I dont think many to keep a Good store open for any length of time.

Yeah I was up to see the new L&M (old Mother's) location during the summer. It was just newly opened and didn't have a lot of stock of good acoustic. Nothing like the main L&M.

The reason Gibson's are more at GuitarWorks is because L&M is the national distributor of Gibson in Canada. So GW actually get their guitars from L&M (Yorkville Music Toronto). GW had a really nicely flamed SJ200 that I played quite a bit. I almost bought it, but decided to wait for one to come from the Regina L&M.

I buy small things from GW (like the my new G7th Newport capo) but won't buy a guitar there again. I bought my Taylor 12 and my Gretsch 5122 there. My mind was finally made up when after making a number of significant purchases there I went in to sample a couple of nice Gibson acoustics, and while I was playing one, the salesman came in and while discussing the guitar, took it out of my hands and put it back on the wall. 'Nuff said.

Welcome back GG! Get well vibes to your horsie. Magic is lonely... play her more! :)

Archived