Gibson Brands Forums

Now you're talking......

FirstMeasure

DSNSTTGTCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Gold Top, Baked Maple, Coil Tapped Burst Buckers.....Gibson must have been thinking of me when they built this one [thumbup]

i do like it and i don't...you get me? [unsure], i wan't a double cut standard in honey-burst [drool] , just waiting for gibson to make my dream come true [rolleyes]

If the neck is anything like the Epiphone recently released then I'll pass.

I doubt it is anything like the Epi neck. Gibson Specs say it's a slim 60's shaped neck, the only difference being it's 25.5 inch scale length.

Played a Pelham Blue version, last weekend, at my dealer's store. Nice Guitar! [thumbup]

CB

I'm very torn between the Pelham Blue and Gold Top.

Whats the sustain on it like? From the pic further up of the thread it looks very thin

I can't speak for the new one, but my '95 sustains forever. Never once have I wished it had more sustain, in fact I need to use the volume knob when I want a chord to die off at the end of a song.

Sill, I need to get down to a guitar store and try out a new one.

Well, I tried one at Guitar Center. <_<

It's a nice guitar in it's own right, but nothing like the original run. Much brighter sound and nowhere near the sustain of my '95. Sounds cool, but more like a Tele with humbuckers than a Gibson. I'm sure that's because they didn't use Mahogany, it must be poplar or alder.

I'd like to give it a try just for the sake of interest.

Out of curiosity, why had FM a rating of -2 on his original post when I opened this thread? There's nothing I can see that would warrant any negative stuff whatsoever. Has he p'd someone off, perhaps?

I don't get it!

P.

I'd like to give it a try just for the sake of interest.

Out of curiosity, why had FM a rating of -2 on his original post when I opened this thread? There's nothing I can see that would warrant any negative stuff whatsoever. Has he p'd someone off, perhaps?

I don't get it!

P.

Probably just against the Nighthawk. Lovers of the Les Paul tend to hate the Nighthawk because it's a single cutaway Gibson that's not a Les Paul. I never pay attention to the plus/minus system, anyway :rolleyes:

Archived