Gibson Brands Forums

Tres Hombres

Buc McMaster

Last night I was browsing through some photos of guitars I have had the pleasure to have owned and the last three Gibson acoustics just stood head and shoulders above the crowd......

tres-hombres.jpg

The SJ200WC was the cat's meow for several years until my aging hand began to complain about the long scale length. Sorry to see it go but it was necessary. The CJ165 marked a return to a short scale guitar and a welcome relief. Great little piece - easy to play and it had a nice bark to it. For most of the last year it lay in its' case, patiently waiting me out, while I spent my energy elsewhere. Last month I felt that old itch returning and the CJ was happily making noise once more. While the little rascal was absolutely fine, I had a hankerin' for a larger guitar with more of a rock n' roll volume and tone. Hence the new Hummingbird - wow! This is without a doubt a gem. Right off the wall the action is superb.....plays effortlessly and has that Gibson tone in spades! I consider myself very lucky to have owned and played some of the finest guitars available on planet Earth!

Delightful trio indeed – I dig the refined guitar-woods towards the rougher craftsmanship of the chair.

By the way, that garden furniture is a clock. One sees the seasons pass on the ribs - Glad to know you made it back behind the bars in time, , , , , , I mean frets. . .

Last night I was browsing through some photos of guitars I have had the pleasure to have owned and the last three Gibson acoustics just stood head and shoulders above the crowd......

tres-hombres.jpg

That's quite a group. A lucky man indeed. . B)

Lot's of handsome guitars gents.

Here are my Kalamazoo-born Sunburst Sisters: 1948 J-45, 1968 ES 335-12, and their newly-discovered, long-lost sibling, the 1947 L-7. There is a distinct family resemblance.

And then, there's their red-headed step-brother: born in the Nashville custom shop, he's a '59 Historic ES 335. As you might guess by his looks, he's got a big personality to go with his radical cherry-red hairstyle.

Sunburstsisters.jpg

59ES335.jpg

Here are my Kalamazoo-born Sunburst Sisters: 1948 J-45, 1968 ES 335-12, and their newly-discovered, long-lost sibling, the 1947 L-7. There is a distinct family resemblance.

And then, there's their red-headed step-brother: born in the Nashville custom shop, he's a '59 Historic ES 335. As you might guess by his looks, he's got a big personality to go with his radical cherry-red hairstyle.

Sunburstsisters.jpg

59ES335.jpg

WOW!

Sunburstsisters.jpg

59ES335.jpg

love them NICK ,

thanks for the photos

Yes ! With those 4 in place I sincerely believe you should reward yourself with an avatar. F.x. featuring the L-7 on ferns.…..

Archived