Gibson Brands Forums

Scratching about on my 'New' Gypsy-Jazz guitar.

pippy

Ah, well.......

By popular demand (two of you) here's me mucking about with my as yet un-named G-J box.

There was no warm-up and both clips were recorded in one first-take so mistakes are abundant enough not to feel lonely in isolation! I just cut a few seconds out of the middle when I picked my nose and scratched my bum, as you do.

Anyhow, here goes. "Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs..."

First one is that old John Martyn chestnut 'May You Never'. I'm not so cruel as to inflict upon you my singing as well as my playing. That would truly be beyond the pale.

Second one is nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek nod towards 'Minor Swing'. I'll get it yet!

P.

Ah, well.......

By popular demand (two of you) here's me mucking about with my as yet un-named G-J box.

There was no warm-up and both clips were recorded in one first-take so mistakes are abundant enough not to feel lonely in isolation! I just cut a few seconds out of the middle when I picked my nose and scratched my bum, as you do.

Anyhow, here goes. "Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs..."

First one is that old John Martyn chestnut 'May You Never'. I'm not so cruel as to inflict upon you my singing as well as my playing. That would truly be beyond the pale.

Second one is nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek nod towards 'Minor Swing'. I'll get it yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxQkOuFY00k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og16X51ria4

modest git!

That sounded great; nice and jingly! when are you coming to guitar society!! It's bloody 15 miles or so away!!!

Matt

P.

Thanks, Matt, Searcy and Bender. I appreciate the words!

modest git!

That sounded great; nice and jingly! when are you coming to guitar society!! It's bloody 15 miles or so away!!!

Matt

Jingly! I like it! The adjective used most commonly to describe the unmistakable sound of a Manouche guitar seems to be the slightly less childlike 'Bark'! LOL!

And the Guitar Society? Other than your traditional meeting at this time of year (which, owing to family commitments I can never attend) I don't know when or where you meet up!

You're in Sidcup, I believe? I'm near Sydenham/Beckenham so it's probably even closer!

We really MUST get together soon!

P.

Thanks, Matt, Searcy and Bender. I appreciate the words!

Jingly! I like it! The adjective used most commonly to describe the unmistakable sound of a Manouche guitar seems to be the slightly less childlike 'Bark'! LOL!

And the Guitar Society? Other than your traditional meeting at this time of year (which, owing to family commitments I can never attend) I don't know when or where you meet up!

You're in Sidcup, I believe? I'm near Sydenham/Beckenham so it's probably even closer!

We really MUST get together soon!

P.

last Sat of every month...

This Boxing Day it is even on :) I am accompanying a guy who sings and plays rhythm guitar. We do all rock and blues stuff :)

Matt

Guest farnsbarns

Great tone in that guitar, very nice playing and neither of my three dogs howled during the videos.

That was excellent, P. I like the guitar. Tell us more about it.

Crikey...

Thanks for the very nice responses, everyone. It gives me some encouragement as I think I'm really crap on an acoustic.

I'm glad I didn't upset the dogs, guitarest, but perhaps they were just in shock!

Farns; I'll send you a PM about the box when I get a bit more time. It's fairly intresting but quite a tale. Things are going to be very busy over the weekend but I won't forget!

Thanks again, all !

P.

Archived