• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow... great photo..aint she beautiful

and yeah

the lure of sex...fame....and fortune

I'm still waiting

we live in hope

I am probably alone with this, AND I am a little Dyslexic, eyesight not as good as it used to be, which may explain this....but sometimes when I glance at your name.....I see "Nippleznaf" instead of your screen name.....Am I the only one that this happens to???

I am probably alone with this, AND I am a little Dyslexic, eyesight not as good as it used to be, which may explain this....but sometimes when I glance at your name.....I see "Nippleznaf" instead of your screen name.....Am I the only one that this happens to???

hahahaha[laugh]

your a wily one Wily...

gotta love abit of nippleznaf now n again [thumbup]

Rick(y) Nelson.

Ate many a dinner on a TV tray as a very young d00d, I wanted to BE Ricky Nelson.

Dylan/Phil Ochs sealed the deal.

oh, btw...today I AM Rick Nelson.

Really.

Seriously.

OK, I'm not.

dang.

Rick(y) Nelson.

Ate many a dinner on a TV tray as a very young d00d, I wanted to BE Ricky Nelson.

Dylan/Phil Ochs sealed the deal.

oh, btw...today I AM Rick Nelson.

Really.

Seriously.

Ah, yes, sitting in the den in front of the TV, eating a TV dinner off a tray, watching Ricky on Ozzie and Harriet.

Now that's a flashback! He was so cool! And then along came Don and Phil......

Ah, yes, sitting in the den in front of the TV, eating a TV dinner off a tray, watching Ricky on Ozzie and Harriet.

+1 for Ricky Nelson. Watching his band at the end of O&H, with all the girls screaming, did it for me. Starting in the fourth grade I would take my guitar to school for show and tell. I'd walk up and down the aisles singing "Never Be Anyone Else" to the girls in the class! After class the girls would all crowd around, then after school the boys would get together and kick my ***. This clip also showcases who I consider to be the father of the Rock & Roll lead guitar, James Burton.

http://youtu.be/Zgzc7sqEmGg?hd=1

I hate to admit it ....but ...originally this...

....and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DVJE_bhVU

Rod,

"Go wash your mouth out with soap", as my dear departed mother would say. Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits?

The Troggs I can sort of understand.... sort of.

But then, I forgot that you are a younger man than I.....

[lol]

Rod,

"Go wash your mouth out with soap", as my dear departed mother would say. Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits?

The Troggs I can sort of understand.... sort of.

But then, I forgot that you are a younger man than I.....

Yeah....I guess I was a 'troubled young lad'..... :-k[lol]

A long, long, long way from Herman's Hermits is Johnny Winter playing slide with Muddy Waters!

And I just saw him playing on Dave Letterman one minute ago. Cool!

BluesKing777.

OH YEAH!...Luckily for me....there were many,many more influences that came into play. I was just thinking back to some early interests. I always liked that 'staccato-type' strumming on Mrs. Brown. The Beatles actually came before that for me. I tended toward Eric Burdon/Animals and Stones rather than the Bee-els,however.... only to find later that they were getting it from our own blues icons...

Funny how that worked

Rod

Simple: when I was in high school (early 1960's) it was the guys playing guitar that got the girls I was interested in.

Admire you, you're so frank.

Now I guess you're a good guitar player, so go get a pretty girl (or lady) interested in guitar, you're interested in ! hehe...

Admire you, you're so frank.

Now I guess you're a good guitar player, so go get a pretty girl (or lady) interested in guitar, you're interested in ! hehe...

I'm lucky enough to have had the same lovely lady for the last 20 years. And another one for almost 20 years before that. But back when I was in college more than 40 years ago, the guitar was a powerful weapon. I was a lousy guitarist then, and still am. But I still love playing.

Maybe it has to do with those of us of a certain age, JDD. I was in high school when the modern folk craze took off (early 60's), and my first foray into it was creating a PP&M clone singing group. I was just after the blonde! (Didn't work then, by the way. It did work a couple of years later, when you could get a lot of mileage out of a beat-up Gibson, a rudimentary ability to sing and play, and a constant look of angst. What I didn't fully appreciate then was that my beat-up, funky old Gibson carried more weight than the shiny, articulate Martins of the competition. Smart girls. Dumb me.[biggrin] )

Well said Nick ....

What has six legs, wears a bra, and sings???????

Peter, Paul, and Mary

Poly Von, Freight train, All my Trials, ....some of the early songs I learned.......in my formative years....

For those of us who grew up singing in church choirs and school choruses, part of the appeal of PPM--and the attraction of doing something similar--was driven by the comfort of singing in a small group, rather than going solo. Even a trio gives cover to your own vocal shortcomings in a way that doesn't exist as a soloist. It was also a good way to overcome my natural stage fright as a solo performer. Self-conscious perfectionists should probably not become solo live performers.

I'm lucky enough to have had the same lovely lady for the last 20 years. And another one for almost 20 years before that. But back when I was in college more than 40 years ago, the guitar was a powerful weapon. I was a lousy guitarist then, and still am. But I still love playing.

Nick, I've been with the same woman for 20 years, too...( Please don't tell my wife!!!!)

For those of us who grew up singing in church choirs and school choruses, part of the appeal of PPM--and the attraction of doing something similar--was driven by the comfort of singing in a small group, rather than going solo. Even a trio gives cover to your own vocal shortcomings in a way that doesn't exist as a soloist. It was also a good way to overcome my natural stage fright as a solo performer. Self-conscious perfectionists should probably not become solo live performers.

u dont think that changes ?? always had aspirations to do it alone

Archived