Gibson Brands Forums

what pickups did Slash use in his AFD guitar?

FenderGuy1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tone is in the fingers. No piece of equipment will make you sound like someone else.

Yes, better equipment will give the illusion of sounding better but that's not always the case. Most of the time you feel better and play better as a result of you thinking it sounds better and it is better.

"better" is a very subjective word. What I consider better you might consider worse.

Also, IMO rigs sound better when they are balanced. The 5000 buck guitar won't do much if you play it through a 5W gorilla solid state amp. The 5000 buck amp won't sound much like the recordings that made it famous when using a 50 buck guitar.

A 700 dollar guitar and a 500 dollar amp will probably blow both away easily.

It's not in the name/brand/model/signature, at the end it just depends on what you like and what makes you feel more confortable.

Good luck.

Smartest thing in this thread besides Dem00ns knowledge on the Slashes AFD which was not a Gibson Guitar at all.

I was expecting he would know that. [mellow]

What was it, designed after a 59? Dont know if it has the right measurements and etc but it still is a Les Paul!

I was expecting he would know that. [mellow]

What was it, designed after a 59? Dont know if it has the right measurements and etc but it still is a Les Paul!

*Modeled* after a Les Paul. Kris Derrig, right? I think that's how you spell his name... What really makes the Slash tone is skinny jeans and chucks!

you should focus more on regular playing before using effects.

Thats what I did. Ive been playing 9 years and am 18 years old and ive only just started buying single effects. Ive had a multi processor for about 3 years though. It really does help to learn technique before adding effects to any signal

Thats what I did. Ive been playing 9 years and am 18 years old and ive only just started buying single effects. Ive had a multi processor for about 3 years though. It really does help to learn technique before adding effects to any signal

I know what you mean. I was given some free effect pedals (Boss Super Chorus CH-1, Digitech BP-200, ZOOM-505II) and didn't use them at all. I made a good $120 on em all. The Boss alone was $50 on eBay.

It didn't suit me at the time. I do have a slight regret of selling it, it did have a nice grungy sound when played with gain. I think now that I've got better equipment, I might be open to more effects. Honestly, I'd probably only have a Fuzzface and a Leslie. Maybe a couple more if they peak enough interest, but those 2 would have to be my choice cuts.

No breaking TV videos, No videos of collecting TV's on the side of the road. A video of you playing with those SRV moves; we would love to actually see them.

I might get a large screen tv from my boss' neighbors. They're moving and don't have the space for it. 50 inches of pure ecstasy.

Archived