Gibson Brands Forums

strat or tele

It always surprises me how strongly partisan some people are for one guitar against all others.

For me, it's like saying 'which is better - knife, fork or spoon'.

They all do a different job, but they all help you eat.

It should be 'each to his own' rather than 'this is soooo much better than that.....'

It always surprises me how strongly partisan some people are for one guitar against all others.

For me' date=' it's like saying '[i']which is better - knife, fork or spoon[/i]'.

They all do a different job, but they all help you eat.

Oh HAYUL yeah!

+1

Q.E.D.

'Uman nature, innit? Bikers/motorcyclists are the same damn way. "I'd push my ________ before I'd ride a ______" Gotta justify the decision to drop all that scratch, perhaps. =P~ And you're quite right, it should always be "whatever floats your boat".

dont take it so literally guys

i have a tele and a strat, i keep the tele around for my country licks, and i keep the strat around for when i need something to beat on when im angry

j/k

but on a serious note, im gonna quote the star wars movie here

"only a sith deals in absolutes"

so dont be a sith

+:-@

Idk' date=' before I'd probably go tele all the way but after playing a few new strats it's not quite as clear-cut. I definately like the looks, feel and simplicity of a tele more but as far as sound goes, I like them both.[/quote']

I have to take that back. After going to GC andplaying a bunch of teles I have to say, Tele > Strat in everything

I've always loved my Strat, I've loved it even more after I put the Hot Noiseless pickups in. The look of a Tele has always appealed to me, but the sound isn't my favorite. The only Tele's I've considered buying were the Highway One because the hot pickups sounded different to me and the 72 reissue with humbuckers.

A guy shows up to a gig with strat when he is looking to make money. He comes to a gig with a tele when he is looking to play. He shows up with a Les Paul when he is going to perform.

SRV was there to play/perform whether there was money or not, Brad Paisley certainly performs everytime he's on stage, and there is no way in hell you're going to convince me that Slash is in it for anything but the money!

IMO

telecasters sound better' date=' look cooler, are easier to play

what do you think? elaborate.................[/quote']

IMO

stratocasters sound better, look cooler, are easier to play.

that's what I think. Just my personal style and preference.

My next purchase will be a Telecaster, however, because they

are cool instruments.

idk what the stats are, but strats fretboards seem to be curved more then teles fretboards, thus i think teles are easier to play

teles sound thinner then strats, which sound thinner then les pauls, imo a strat is neither here nor there, too thick to sound rock-a-billy or country, to thin for blues or rock, thus teles sound better

looks, i just think a tele looks cooler, cuz they look better hanging down low

imho

strats fretboards seem to be curved more then teles fretboards' date=' thus i think teles are easier to play[/quote']

They are generally the same if they are from the same era. Modern Strats and Teles have fretboard radii of 9.5 inches. Vintage Strats and Teles (and vintage replicas) usually have the rounder 7.25 inch radii.

Archived