Gibson Brands Forums

Natural finished guitars

4Hayden

Here is my natural wood stratocaster named "Woody"

I agree with you ppl, a natural wood finish is beautiful!

Do you guys ever think that the wood from a guitar could also have been made for something else? You know, from the same tree.

I think in my case Fender made a guitar and then used the left over wood for well, umm perhaps maybe a toilet lid.

albumcovers003.jpg

My Martin acoustic has gorgeous wood work!

"Mart" is my Martin's name, it isn't Mark. It's Mart, short for Martin.

martin001.jpg

martin004.jpg

martin003.jpg

martin002.jpg

Sorry for a lot of pics. I just wanted to show details

Mart has AWESOME wood in the neck ! very sharp

I'm a fan. I do like a little bit of a burst too if possible. One reason why I like natural finish guitars is you can see the quality of the wood. I don't know how much filler or wood putty could be lurking under the finish of a painted guitar.

111_4X6.jpg

I've always been a sucker for natural wood grain. The very first guitar I coveted (before I even started to actually play) was a natural blonde Stratocaster that I used to stare at in the local Music House. Well I had to settle for a no-name Les Paul copy as my first guitar, but my buddy's dad bought him that same Fender Strat that I wanted. #-o

Well, at least I got to play it back in the day, and my friend still owns the same guitar today and he still lets me play it whenever I want. B)

Back in the day 1985ish

Meat50thAnn1986.jpg

More recently

BWBMay152010021.jpg

I'm a fan. I do like a little bit of a burst too if possible. One reason why I like natural finish guitars is you can see the quality of the wood. I don't know how much filler or wood putty could be lurking under the finish of a painted guitar.

111_4X6.jpg

when it comes to painted guitars, let your ears and fingers make the decision. If it's properly made and has quality wood it will feel and sound amazing.

when it comes to painted guitars, let your ears and fingers make the decision. If it's properly made and has quality wood it will feel and sound amazing.

[thumbup] Definitely. That's how I picked out my V & SG.

This is my Italian Spruce and Bosnian Maple dreadnought, built by Italian luthier Bruno Barnes.

Sorry for the huge picture, but I linked it from imageshack and I don't know how to resize it

p1050042a.jpg

Very sharp guitar and I'm glad you couldn't resize the photo!!

Archived