Gibson Brands Forums

Your Favorite Guitar you own

thevalleygirl

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man..... what a stable!

The ONLY reason I don't have 3-4 more guitars is that the wife got fed up with so much "stuff" all over the house...... it appears your hubby is very understanding of our sickness....I mean passions!

As long as I get a real good deal on the instrument he calls it an "investment" Yesterday I had my first Guitar Lesson at Napa School of Music, and I joined their Garage Band.

As long as I get a real good deal on the instrument he calls it an "investment" Yesterday I had my first Guitar Lesson at Napa School of Music, and I joined their Garage Band.

I TOLD you we can get together and make music sometime!

And of course, the SANSJAM at Fred's would be great!

Investments, Huh? I haven't tried that...but I'm too old for as much time to pass as will be necessary to recognize a gain on the guitars, so it turns out I'm just selfish!

Most early Gibbys hover at around 12-14% yearly appreciation, not a BAD return. I've certainly made worse investments.

SANSJAM at Fred's I think that's a great idea! Need to get started on the stage but I think it's gonna snow today.

I TOLD you we can get together and make music sometime!

And of course, the SANSJAM at Fred's would be great!

Investments, Huh? I haven't tried that...but I'm too old for as much time to pass as will be necessary to recognize a gain on the guitars, so it turns out I'm just selfish!

Great thread and GREAT guitars. I guess I'm one who would go along with "whichever one I'm playing at the time"

Lately, I've been playing a '53 LG-2 I bought a few weeks ago. First LG I have owned and trying to make up for lost time.

I bought a '57 Country Western a few months ago- second CW but the best one by far- love it

A big favorite is my Jubal Jumbo by Aaron Cowells great burst and it bursts with sound.

A '53 J-50 that is ..... Well, a '53 J-50

A '22 Martin 0-21 brought back to life by David Collins. Phenomenal guitar. Took it back to Nazareth last summer for the UMGF gathering. Passed it around and there were big smiles on every face of every player. Probably the most effort-less guitar I've ever played. Big sound or delicate tones- whatever-ya-want It's there!

arch tops- a couple Kalamazooez - a KG-31 and an Oriole. A whole new songbag opens up with an arch top. Probably the most under-rated guitars I've run across. Lots of fun!

At the top of heap, my '91 Hummingbird it's "Home". In my opinion, the best guitar for me. Everyone that plays it offers to buy it.

What a wonderful dilemma!

Willy

Great thread and GREAT guitars. I guess I'm one who would go along with "whichever one I'm playing at the time"

Lately, I've been playing a '53 LG-2 I bought a few weeks ago. First LG I have owned and trying to make up for lost time.

I bought a '57 Country Western a few months ago- second CW but the best one by far- love it

A big favorite is my Jubal Jumbo by Aaron Cowells great burst and it bursts with sound.

A '53 J-50 that is ..... Well, a '53 J-50

A '22 Martin 0-21 brought back to life by David Collins. Phenomenal guitar. Took it back to Nazareth last summer for the UMGF gathering. Passed it around and there were big smiles on every face of every player. Probably the most effort-less guitar I've ever played. Big sound or delicate tones- whatever-ya-want It's there!

arch tops- a couple Kalamazooez - a KG-31 and an Oriole. A whole new songbag opens up with an arch top. Probably the most under-rated guitars I've run across. Lots of fun!

At the top of heap, my '91 Hummingbird it's "Home". In my opinion, the best guitar for me. Everyone that plays it offers to buy it.

What a wonderful dilemma!

Willy

Ouuch,...that's a nice stable Willy...

Can we get some photos please?

[razz]

Ouuch,...that's a nice stable Willy...

Can we get some photos please?

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out the processes here to post pics. Hope this works.

'91 Hummingbird

400594404.jpg

'08 Jubal

285426471.jpg

'22 Martin 0-21 next to one o' my "patented" hockey-stick barstools ; )

371449819.jpg

Kazoo Arch tops KG-31 & KGN 32 Oriole

395284203.jpg400554003.jpg

willy

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out the processes here to post pics. Hope this works.

'91 Hummingbird

400594404.jpg

'08 Jubal

285426471.jpg

'22 Martin 0-21 next to one o' my "patented" hockey-stick barstools ; )

371449819.jpg

Kazoo Arch tops KG-31 & KGN 32 Oriole

395284203.jpg400554003.jpg

willy

Nice stuff, Willy!

Some mornings its the one on the left, the others the one on the right: 95 Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe, my first quality acoustic and sounds like someone took a j45 and added a subwoofer

and the more refined 12 fret Nick Lucas from 2008. Love them both, equally but differently. If I ad to choose? Nick Lucas, it's one of 6, Ren signed, so it feels a bit special to have it in my hands.

RoyNick.jpg

My 'hands down' favorite guitar that I own is my 2011 Hummingbird True Vintage........... :)

Couple of pics and a sound clip.......enjoy

Nice recording Booby and sweet HB!

[thumbup]

Hands down favorite guitar is my Sheryl Crow.

That's not to say that's the guitar that SOUNDS the best.

Seriously, the guitar that sounds the best is the one I'm playing or why would I be playing it.

On those occasions where I'm not sure WHAT guitar I want to pull out, I do have quite a few to choose from, I grab my J200 because of that svelte sound and I can really yank lots of variety of tone out of that guitar.

I do grab my Martins from time to time but lately, they've been sounding sort of monochrome, meaning I can only seem to yank ONE type of tone out of my Martins.

The Gibsons, sky's the limit to what sort of tone I want to exude out of the box depending on how I pluck with my right hand.

More and more LIKING the Gibson tone, not to say I don't appreciate my Martin tone, but again, when you are able to generate the variety of tone out of a Gibson, the Martin just comes out plain ol' boring.

Nuthin' against Vanilla ice cream though, I play both.

Whew, long winded answer and I guess I didn't actually answer the question, specifically [wink]

Harmonics101

Archived