Gibson Brands Forums

Working for Gibson

Thundergod

Maybe FenderGuy1 and I can collaborate to make this a reality:

rocket-guitar-JPEG.jpg

Rocket, if anybody can, you've got my vote. And as long as FenderGuy stays under your wing, no Fenders should be harmed (or tv's) [biggrin].

Cool pic, rman!

Working at Gibson could be really fun, but I've decided that it may be time for a career change for me. I saw a department store ad for an event that interested me. I may go back to school to be a "CERTIFIED BRA FITTER" and become the top in my new field. :rolleyes: What do ya'll think? Would this be a good or bad move as I'm getting closer to retirement age? If only I could get "THE OPRAH" to endorse me I'd be running in the top circles for sure.

Aster

maybe, i could raise the TITANIC from the ocean with a loud marshall under the sea!

Haha. That would make Jimi proud, I bet. You could play Purple Haze, or that song he covered Catfish Blues. [thumbup]

As for working for Gibson, that was one of my dreams when I was 12 or 13. Now that I'm an adult I don't think I'd want to. I'd be too afraid that it would ruin guitars for me. In high school and college, I worked for a pizza place, a burger place, sold video games at a toy store. I wound up hating all that stuff after I had to work with it. Now, if they paid me in 61 Reissue SG's.... hmmm...maybe I'd change my mind!

I think that working on a guitar plant would be probably a shitty work. You inhale all the sheet that is used to paint the surfaces of the wood and that is carcinogen, inhale the wood scrap, working for a nominal wage on guitars that reach fat lazy asses are gonna play. Good Job.

Thank you for that very deep insight. If your comments are correct than the EPA and OSHA truly need to be dissolved. If only someone had actually been inside the factory and lived to tell the tale... Hhhmmmm...

:-k

Archived