Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

cookieman15061

Made in June of 2000.

I've been looking for something with a little more oomph than my Vox ac15. I've got some larger places scheduled for this summer, outdoors as well.

Stereo, my friend, stereo... beefiness!

Just be sure to never use the dirty channel, if you want dirt just crank the clean channel and dime the mids, it will sound waaaaay better

What if he likes the dirty channel?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The dirty channel on those sound pretty awesome with an upgraded speaker(s) and upgraded tubes (I like JJs from Eurotubes.). Tone is subjective. Alex Lifeson's main tone in the Moving Pictures era was a Marshall Club & Country combo (X2 ran in stereo!) with an MXR Distortion+ out front, along with all his other effect units he used at the time (Roland Chorus Ensemble, EHX Electric Mistress, standard Cry Baby wah and Morley volume pedals, Roland delay units, and that kind of stuff), as well as some extra ampage from a couple of Hiwatt heads for some things (which were his main amps between A Farewell To Kings and Permanent Waves), and all his guitars he used back then (his modified Strats, the famous white 355, the famous Howard Roberts Fusion, the famous white EDS-1275, and his Ovation acoustics). I doubt any of you would use that stuff. Just cause it isn't a Burst into a Marshall with an Echoplex, or a Strat, vintage Fender amp, and an 808 doesn't mean it isn't good tone.

And if I remember correctly, you started that stupid thread about how you think (and want us to believe) that whammy bar's are stupid.....

Have you tried the hot rod dirty channel???? Its absolutely thin and terrible sounding. I've farted better tones

I have farted out a souped-up Marshall tone that farted the riff from Van Halen's DOA (very underrated tune!). And I ran it through an Echoplex......

Of course that is not true at all, but I have just proved that I can talk **** too! (PUN OF THE DAY!!!!)

Kaleb, my tone > your tone

My tone can beat up your tone!

And I have heard your tone; I have had the pleasurable experience of being in the presence of a flock of pissed hornets.......

It doesn't cut, and it has no balls.

Hot babes actually beg to dance in front of me at MY shows.....

YOU'VE BEEN STUMPED!

And I wish my leg was a car so I can drive it to your house and park it in your a$$! (RED FORMAN JOKE OF THE DAY!)

Seriously, you need a swift kick in the A$$. I got a classic case of troll on forum, you got a classic case of foot in a$$.

Be nice. Give constructive criticism. Nice is good. Now, I'm gonna make like Alex Lifeson in his Strangiato Rant (from R30!) and just walk away.......

Congrats on buying the loudest 40 watt amp ever built,Besides that it,s a great sounding amp.I had one for a while but I wasnt playing out anymore and it was just to dam loud for a small room at home but I miss the tone.BTW I really dig the color of your Strat.

Thanks for stopping by and totally derailing my new amp thread boys.

Being happy for a forum member getting new gear > turning his NAD thread into an open debate about how your tone is better than someone elses.Congrats again cookie,it looks right at home with the strat beside it.

Clapton Strat into a HRD......what's not to like?!

These days I rarely get the 'Ooohh, I'd like to try that kit out' urge but I did on this occasion. Gorgeous pairing.

[thumbup]

Very happy NAD, Cookie. I wouldn't be surprised if all the rest of your gear has a bit of a holiday from today on....

And, FWIW, I'm absolutely 100% certain you know exactly how to get sublime tones from it regardless of which input you select.....

I'll bet you can hardly wait for those outdoor gigs.

P.

Thanks for stopping by and totally derailing my new amp thread boys.

Sorry about that. I didn't start the nonsense about the distortion channel.......

I hope you and your new amp have a lifetime of pleasure!

Congrats.

My partner in crime in my last band ran a Jaguar through one of those beauties. Great tones.

Partner in crime...My partner in crime at my gigs is NOT any members of my band or any of my gear. It's all the Pepsi that I drink.....I can't play without my Pepsi.....

Seriously, that's how I get my fix, which drives me into the world of being an entertaining musician. I like to tell jokes on stage. But they're not funny when the bar is half-empty.....

Congrats on the new amp! They have a couple at the local open stage that I play through every once in a while. They sound great with proper glass in them and are a heck of a lot easier to move around than my old Hot Rod Deville 4x10 [thumbup]

Partner in crime...My partner in crime at my gigs is NOT any members of my band or any of my gear. It's all the Pepsi that I drink.....I can't play without my Pepsi.....

Pop is your vice? Hmmmm...

And he truly was my partner in crime. We were both found guilty of sonic assault (cue the rim shot, please!).

Archived