Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page on the train

Guest Farnsbarns

Why would Jimmy Page be on a train? Doesn't he have his own private transportation and whatnot?

He has to 'cos London traffic is totally gridlocked these days....

I was driving to Horsham some months back and saw a very flash new metallic green Bentley coming towards me on one of the country roads...behind the wheel was a very pissed-off looking Ron Wood...

I worked in Windsor for a while and his Doctors surgery was behind our car park.. I saw him going in once or twice and had to stop myself rushing out like the fan boy I am ;)

Guest farnsbarns

From what I've heard, he's just one of the guys now. I've seen some Brits here mention sharing a pint with bon-a-fide rock stars. Maybe it's different than here in the USA

We have both met him before so there is some truth in this. That said she was heading in to Kensington, where all the record lables are, so he was probably attending a meeting or something.

I did once see Robert Plant leaving a pub that I was just arriving at. The woman he was with was driving him off the car park so I only saw him through the windscreen. Just my luck but, TBH, I wouldn't approach any celebrity who is out and about doing their own personal thing.

Interestingly, I also saw R2-D2 the other week in a restaurant we were eating at. He lives in the neck of the woods where we were visiting. And before you ask, yes that's the real R2-D2 folks!

He is just your average Joe (or "Jim", for that matter....) that just so happens to be a guitar giant!

I like the fact that he strays from the limelight and isn't full of himself. Same goes for John Paul Jones. I really wish those two would do a project together! Robert Plant disappoints me nowadays....

I'm sure that Jimmy and John Paul are like older (not to mention BRIT!) versions (personality wise, not musically, mind you!) of Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee!

Humble, stray from the limelight (no pun intended!), you run into them in the most unlikely places, etc.

Here's a fun fact: Back in the 70s, Rush was one of the few new bands that impressed Jimmy Page! (in a wave of punk music that kind of dismissed Zeppelin's music....)

He called them "Fresh, groundbreaking new sound!"

I don't know what any of you have to say to that, but that is one helluva compliment!

After all, Pagey is Alex's hero....

Pagey has use the trains quite a lot over the years, he was using one when he hurt his finger on a carraige door back in the day, when he had to cancel some American dates

We have both met him before so there is some truth in this. That said she was heading in to Kensington, where all the record lables are, so he was probably attending a meeting or something.

I believe he still owns a very nice property in Kensington - the legendary Tower House is it? Mentioned in the Zep bios.

Yes - gods onstage but often offstage they want to be human, normal and be left alone...fame fatigue. It's the 2-edged sword.

I once spotted Phil Collins getting out of a big black BMW in a Surrey town; he looked up, saw me watching and gave me the filthiest look imaginable. As I have never liked PC or his music I was quite happy about this. Good drummer though.

When I was a guitar teacher a young guy came to me and proudly told me he'd gone to Clapton's house late one evening after a few pints, banged on the door and demanded guitar lessons!!! Now imagine what you would want to say to someone like that....true story.

Another guitarist I know, shaven head and heavily tattooed, was one time eating in the same restaurant as Page. He was sat quite near Page and when he got up to leave, Page's minder got up to block his path to JP (not that he was heading that way) just in case, while Page himself was very rude indeed....pre-emptive strike. Again, true story.

And believe me, these guys aren't that humble or they would never ever have got to the top of the tree.

Guest farnsbarns

I sat at the counter at Waffle House where Elvis was working as a fry cook.

It could have been Susan Boyle...

susan_boyle_2f7291faf4be9c580da257bbf.jpg

Archived