Gibson Brands Forums

I NAILED THE AC/DC TONE FINALLY!!!

FenderGuy1

Sounds more like a Brian May type tone than an AY tone.

Voxy. Jangly mids. There's no way a Vox can do a Marshall.

If ya' had some effects and the skill (no offense. I don't have it either), you could get perfect Queen tones!

Sounds more like a Brian May type tone than an AY tone.

Voxy. Jangly mids. There's no way a Vox can do a Marshall.

If ya' had some effects and the skill (no offense. I don't have it either), you could get perfect Queen tones!

i dunno dude in my ears it sounds like the Angus tone to me

btw the mids were at 4/5 the treble was at 7 and the bass was at 5/6 so i dialled it in right the mic makes it sound like brian may haha

Sounds cool...

But I think Angus sets his marshalls with every knob setting on 10 [scared] .... They are one loud band

Sounds cool...

But I think Angus sets his marshalls with every knob setting on 10 [scared] .... They are one loud band

Speaking of dimed amp controls, I envy the people who saw Van Halen in their club days yet I feel sorry for them at the same time! [scared]

When the world ends, Eddie's gonna be sitting on a radioactive tree stump playing "Spanish Fly" on a nylon-stringer to a bunch of cockroaches.

And Lemmy too!

Edit them down to just the parts you feel showcases your best playing and tone. As said thirty seconds to maybe 4 mins max is good. I can't nitpick much because I've never uploaded my own videos here but from an audience perspective it's just how you engage them. If you have Windows then I think Windows Movie Maker is still included as an included program, it's easy to use for chopping up video.

Good though, seeing improvement in every video! I know it's fun to try and nail a famous tone but through all your experimenting I think you're inadvertently creating your own personal tone (which is great!). Keep working on it, then you can be happy with a sound that's completely unique to you.

Nate.

A little constructive advice.

Keep the demos to three minutes or less.

Pre rehearse your subject.

And get right to it and get out.

Thanks.

This was well put, but it's been suggested to him time and again. He doesn't seem interested. For me, I simply won't open his vids anymore if they are longer than 4 minutes. Sat though too much stuff that should have been cut before.

-_- axe i just wanted to get to the point!!

No, that is what he is suggesting you do. But you don't. You keep posting long videos. With lots of stuff in them that you shouldn't subject people to.

Getting to the point, exactly the correct way to do it. Get to it, and make it short enough (like he said, 3 minutes) that we'll listen. Rehearse first. Prepare what you will shoot and how.

I give you a lot of credit for posting videos of your playing, don't get me wrong. A lot of us either won't or don't do that. And it IS cool to see the improvements you make, see you heading in new directions (still thinking back to the video where you experimented with open tuning and slide, hope you are still working on both). But I don't have/won't take 15 minutes to watch a new video of you getting a "tone sample" (tone sample implies a short clip really). Keep playing, keep practicing, and keep shooting video. But if you want more people to actually watch them, take some of the advice offered by some of the Members here.

You guys know you can stop watching those videos at 4 minutes if you want right?

I think they're interested in hearing Nathan's progress, they just want to avoid the unnecessary parts. I love to hear Nathan play, but the guys make a good point about editing and practicing.

I just fast forward through the redundant parts.

I am however impressed on young Nathans progress as of late.

I'm just not personally interested in 15 minutes at a time.

I also have the attention span of a gnat.

I think they're interested in hearing Nathan's progress, they just want to avoid the unnecessary parts. I love to hear Nathan play, but the guys make a good point about editing and practicing.

Understood and agreed. However, since he's been given the advice before and has not heeded it, like AXE says...you can FF to the relevant parts and stop whenever you want.

Guest farnsbarns

It's cool FG, but I would have to agree with the comments above, you'd probably learn something from making a well structured video. Might be worth a try. Most importantly though, keep em coming, they're great!

Archived