Gibson Brands Forums

Canadians dissed by Gibson?

elvendio

Every month I get an email from Gibson with a new contest to win a Les Paul or something. The problem is they won't accept my entries because I live in Canada. however they accept from all these other countries!

"Eligibility: This contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, except for residents of Arizona, and open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and Portugal."

Whus-up-wi-dat?

It has to be some type of red tape mumbo-jumbo.

Its a fact, that Canada (outside of the US) sells more Gibsons then any other country.

I know this to be true, as I had a nice pow wow with a nice lady who works at Yorkville.

Yorkville is the Gibson distributor in Canada.

Why not sounds good to me. I even was married to a Canuck

Man, im so sorry.

Ill give my American friends a tip on finding a good Canadian woman.

- Usually the ones with all the words in her tattoo spelled correctly are keepers.

Take it from me boys...Once you go Asian nothing else will do!

I guess you could say they are the Gibson reissues of the female species.

Most pets are afraid of them though...hmmmm?

( Ill pay dearly for that comment! lol )

Most pets are afraid of them though...hmmmm?

SO TRUE

But back on topic, (and I'm not 100% sure here because i dont remember a lot of my grade 12 classes) I think Canadian law says you cant have a contest like this without it being considered a "lottery". Which means stupid lottery taxes apply. That's why contests like McDonalds Monopoly or any kind of sweepstakes or draw make you answer a "skill-testing question" to claim your prize, meaning that instead of a lottery they are technically giving you the prize in return for you filling out the question, thus avoiding classification as a lottery. I am pretty sure Gibson just found it easier to offer the contest in America and those other little countries but not Canada because our law on draws, contests and lotteries are pretty screwed up (that much im sure of)

Every month I get an email from Gibson with a new contest to win a Les Paul or something. The problem is they won't accept my entries because I live in Canada. however they accept from all these other countries!

"Eligibility: This contest is open only to legal residents of the United States' date=' except for residents of Arizona, and open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands and Portugal."

Whus-up-wi-dat?[/quote']

Sheet you think you got something to complain about think about us here in Arizona not only are we hosed even though we are part of the United States plus it's 120 in the summer and who cares if it's a dry heat so is a blowtorch...

Archived