Gibson Brands Forums

Crappy guitar endorsements?

RudyH

i have to agree. i'm not an Ibanez or Jackson guy. i just don't play that style of music, and like more classic designs. i'm 29 years old and i don't think i own a guitar designed after 1964. that being said, i know that the high end Ibanez and Jackson stuff is well made. they do exactly what they are supposed to do, very well. i know a guy with an old USA Custom Ibanez. it's a killer guitar. it sounds great, and plays wonderfully. it's just not for me. i have found the same to be true with modern USA Jacksons.

all too often i see people say that something sucks just b/c it's not the type of guitar they want. that's not how you judge quality. i'm not a fan of matchless amps.... but i know they are very nice pieces of equipment.

now, to the guy that made the original "suck" comment.... if you've only played the lower end, then yes, they do suck. try some of the $2K offerings from those companies. they will have better wood, pickups, hardware, and craftsmanship. make sure it is set up well before you judge. and remember: just b/c it's not for you, doesn't make it "crappy". i don't play them, but i respect them.

Nothing wrong with Ibanez, the older stuff mostly. A lot of the new stuff is very low quality, it's all from China and Indonesia mostly now, Korean ones aren't half bad though. The only Ibanez that I still own is my SZ520QM. The neck isn't too thin, but not too thick, a nice comfortable shape. I also had an Ibanez SZ720 that I really liked too, but I sacrificed it for my BFG. Good move on my part. I'm not a fan of BC Rich though, with the exception of the Eagle. Schecter makes some decent stuff too, I'd love to try out the Stiletto.

William Ocean' date=' winner of the US Air Guitar Championship, 2007, playing his signature Huerta Fugizzit custom air guitar.

[img']http://cityrag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/20/air_guitar.jpg[/img]

Where, oh where can I get me one?

Also, I own a Jackson Kelly and a DK-7, and I just love playing them both. Not a bad word about Jackson over here!

Cheap Ibanez guitars aren't the very best, but they'll do the job. Especially when you're just a beginner. But I guess it's just the Japanese way: The more expensive, the better you get.

• 1 year later...
Apparently' date=' you've never tried an AMERICAN MADE, HIGH END Jackson, Ibanez, or B.C Rich, otherwise you would know the craftsmanship is great, necks are smoothe, they use good pickups, and actually don't suck, unlike the cheap versions for beginners that they have in your local guitar store that you've probably only played.

[/quote']

As far as I know, Ibanez have never had American made guitars in the entire history of forever. I think it depends on who's playing the guitar. I have a friend who is a brilliant guitarist and he plays an Ibanez SZ720 ( higher end Ibanez). I tried the guitar, didn't work for me, but he can make the guitar sing. I'll take Gibson or Epiphoner any day over Ibanez, but that's purely because they suit my style better.

mmm....NO!!!

If that's you in your avatar' date=' I highly doubt you've fiddled with little more then your weenie...

Jackson USA as well as Ibenez make decent stuff.

Yeah I know I'm a d*ck...[/quote']

A **** you may be,but you do stand for truth.[-(

Iceman's,Destroyers,Artists,Bensons etc. etc. etc.

Oh...that Ace Frehley Washburn lightning bolt guitar thing.#-o

Let us face the facts.

Unless your lucky enough to fall off the stage into the hands of a group of nympho's who also happen to write for Guitar magazine It is unlikely the type of guitar you are playing will make any difference in you getting laid that night. The only difference will be how you feel about the thing and bragging rights among the band and other musicians. Oh and tone' date=' that only seems to matter to me (at least in my band).

[/quote']

Hi.

And for the record, it depends on the type of music you are playing. Jackson USA has some killer guitars, not for me, but they are killer nonetheless. Ibanez, makes some stellar guitars, and their low end ones are top notch. It all depends on you.

If that's you in your avatar' date=' I highly doubt you've fiddled with little more then your weenie...

[/quote']

I'm probably 3 times older than Rocker_Gamma and I still fiddle with mine on occasion. It appears that I can tickle the ivory much better than my guitars. [cool]

I'm gonna have to jump on the Pro-Ibanez/Jackson wagon. I own 1 of each. Both made in Japan. VERY high quality and I bought both guitars new in 1999. I have changed nothing and they play and sound amazing. The craftsmanship is outstanding and worth every penny. Get out of your bedroom and try a good guitar before you spout off on something you know nothing about. Get some experience under your belt Mr. "I own a MIM strat that my parents bought me". Don't touch anything that was made in China, Indonesia, or Vietnam. Korean guitars are solid. Japan churns out the best made guitars on Asia.

To answer the actual thread question, Avril Lavigne and that guy from that sh!tty band (I think it's Fall Out Boy) both have signature Squires. Movin on up in the world. Bleh!

But yeah, the Paul Stanley First Act has to be the worst. What the hell happened? He used to have his name on high dollar guitars.

Archived