Gibson Brands Forums

Great names

LarryUK

I was thinking to myself today about people I've known that had great names. One was a mechanic where I worked 30 years ago. He was just a little man. Walked with a limp. But his name was Johnny Vinyl! What a great name. A perfect 'rock and roll' name.

Have you known 'normal' people with great (real) names?

Pretty much the first real job I had after graduating college was for a bank in their commercial credit and collection department.

I remember calling a customer and her name was Velvet Bush.

I could barely carry on the conversation without falling off my chair. It's been like 35+ears since that conversation and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Pretty much the first real job I had after graduating college was for a bank in their commercial credit and collection department.

I remember calling a customer and her name was Velvet Bush.

I could barely carry on the conversation without falling off my chair. It's been like 35+ears since that conversation and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I wonder what thought came into your mind? Ha ha.

I really don't care much for modern names. However I very much like the names that the peoples of ancient Greece and Rome had. A few names that some here may or may not recognize:

Roman General Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Another, more well known roman with a name that inspires awe. This is probably the greatest name I've ever heard: Maximus Decimus Meridius.

A greek astronomer and philosopher: Aristarchus.

A friend of mine had a lecturer whose surname was Butter. He and his wife had a son whom they named Roland.

I bet he was a 'smooth' talker.

One day he pinched a students bottom. The student thought 'How dairy (dare he)'!

Guest Farnsbarns

I went to school with a Tawno Crooks.

Had a teacher called Nino Redoijcin (say: Red-oi-chin)

I have a cousin called Chelsy Porter. (since she was born Chelsy has become become the archetypal chav name but I used to like the ring of Chelsy Porter)

Knew a girl called Tuesday.

Met a bloke called Million and asked if it was Maximillion shortened but no,he was named Million.

The other guitarist in my band is called Moose by everyone although it's not his real name.

I was actually known as Fansbarns for some years.

My dad knew a bloke called Dinger Bell.

Guest Farnsbarns

Just remembered... My wife had a friend called Tessa, she shortened it to Tess.

A few years back Tess got married to a Paul Tickles.

I'll leave you to work that one out.

Edit: Just been corrected. His name was Chris Tickles.

Archived