Gibson Brands Forums

Led Zeppelin together again

Rabs

Cool trailers, Rabs. Thanks for posting.

I'm no drummer - and feel free to tell me if I'm wrong - but I thought Jason Bonham did an excellent job of playing drums in the style of his old man...

Page sounded just like Page, too.

Good stuff all round.

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks for posting...!!

I've been almost 'Led-free' for decades until relatively recently

Realising what a creative, original crew they were/are...taking infinite pains to produce memorable music

With the sometimes unrealised folk/acoustic influences

And charismatic raconteurs to boot [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Very cool.

I will be getting the Blu-Ray for sure.

I enjoyed seeing Page in the "It might get loud" documentation.

I never liked Page until I saw the documentary. There's more to him than meets the eye. Jack White came across well too, unlike the Edge. He was poor.

I never liked Page until I saw the documentary. There's more to him than meets the eye. Jack White came across well too, unlike the Edge. He was poor.

I ended up buying that Blu-Ray last week, but it has been airing lately on the Palladia channel.

JPJ is playing some U.K. dates in November with a Norwegian trio called Supersilent.

http://thequietus.com/articles/09155-supersilent-john-paul-jones-tour-uk

I've no idea what they sound like but I'm tempted to go anyway because of him!

Ok thanks for that.. Ive seen him in the Them Crooked Vultures band which was amazing with Dave Grohl on drums.. So I will look into that cheers..

And to everyone else, yeah im also really excited to see this gig. When it was announced I did EVERYTHING I could at the time to get tickets to no avail (including entering every competition I could)... So I cant wait to see this :)

Cool trailers, Rabs. Thanks for posting.

I'm no drummer - and feel free to tell me if I'm wrong - but I thought Jason Bonham did an excellent job of playing drums in the style of his old man...

Page sounded just like Page, too.

Good stuff all round.

[thumbup]

P.

And yeah, Jason did an amazing job.. He is a great drummer in his own right and im not sure it would have been right to use anyone else but him [thumbup]

And yeah, Jason did an amazing job.. He is a great drummer in his own right and im not sure it would have been right to use anyone else but him [thumbup]

I've seen Jason. IMO, he's a far better drummer than his Dad was. Having Bonzo as a foundation is a pretty darn good starting point, to be sure. LZ sounded fantastic in those 2 trailers. I'm looking forward to the Blue Ray.

Pagey and JPJ should do a project together. Plant's singing isn't up to snuff now.

There's a Zep tribute from the NYC-area called Hindenburg. It features two guys I discovered thru Ace Frehley (they played in his band from 1993-1995): guitarist Karl Cochran (he played bass w. the Ace btw), and drummer Steve "Budgie" Werner". And a kicka$$ singer (I can't recall his name. He played in a group called A Perfect Tool). Page and JPJ should hook up with that singer and Budgie. It would kick a$$!!!!!! Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMoQswCxDfk

Archived