Gibson Brands Forums

The sit back and enjoy it thread

jaxson50

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Green...

Thanks for that clip, Jaxson. I've never seen it before.

[thumbup]

Although in all due fairness to Jeremy Spencer PG only takes the lead for the first 24 seconds of the performance. Sublime playing for those 24 seconds, though.....

Nice to see JS being allowed to play some tastful slide rather than the more usual Elmore James lift.

I watched it in full screen and the info tells us that it was a New-Year's Eve party in Paris '68. What a way to bring in the New Year!

P.

This guy was unusual, very interesting, Hungarian and made the 1st version of "Breezin'"...played a round-hole acoustic with flatwounds...

This is shaping up to be a great thread if the early posts are any indication....

Another 'Thanks' from me for something I've never seen.

[thumbup]

Somehow the mood is totally at odds with the weather this morning - first Iced-up windscreen of the Season. The track brought me back to warmer climes!

[smile]

P.

This guy was unusual, very interesting, Hungarian and made the 1st version of "Breezin'"...played a round-hole acoustic with flatwounds...

He was a gifted man. Unfortunately He never got the recognition here at home...Carlos Santana is one His main followers. God bless Him! Bence

Firstly I have to apologize for my very limited computer skills.There is a great live version of "Phoenix" by Wishbone Ash,filmed at the Marquee Club in 1985 on Youtube.Being a Luddite as far as computers go,I don't know how to post the numbers for the selection but if you are a fan of Powell,Turner and company it would be worth your while.Even if you never heard or heard of them I would be worth your while just to hear their flawless double lead harmonies.

Archived