Gibson Brands Forums

i want a les paul custom!! D:

nikko18

i was thinking that i would get one this christmas because my mom said that if i could get all A's she would get me one. but she has decided that instead going with my grades for this term that i can actually bring up she is going to go by the grades for this semester which can not possibly be braught up to A's because i did not get good enough grades in a couple classes last term.

what can i do!?!?! i really really really really really really want a real gibson les paul custom, and now im totally bummed cause i thought i would get one for sure. any suggestions on how a 16 year old can get around 3000 dollars really quick?

In all seriousness. You are not going to get the guitar this year. Such is life. I wanted a Gibson Les Paul when I was a teenager. I only recently bought one--at age 40!

If I were you I wouldn't hang you hopes of the grade thing. Instead, get a part time job and start saving. It might take you a year. But it will be worth it.

You'll definitely appreciate it more if you pay for it with your money. But please be realistic in your spending. What happens if you get a job to pay for your Custom but then your grades slip because of your job? I'm a professor and I preach that grades are the most important thing until you get your first professional job. Some can do it all well (job and grades). It's up to you to figure what you can realistically do.

all of these replies are most likely for naught....i could not be told anything when i was 16. there was absolutely no chance of having such a guitar when i was your age. i had some knock offs and thats what i suggest to you now. fact of the matter is, the knock offs of today are really pretty good. though i did mod my epi LP standard, it was really quite good straight away, and i bought it for $300 (used). after sinking a couple more hundred in it, i would venture to say (at the risk of blasphemy on this forum) no one here, nor slash, joe perry , page or walsh could turn their back and hear it and say it wasnt a gibson. now if they played it blindfolded that would bee a different story. but it sounds VERY convincing. dont get caught up in the glitter kid. there are guys here where i live that can string up a shoebox and sound like a million bucks

what can i do!?!?! i really really really really really really want a real gibson les paul custom' date=' and now im totally bummed cause i thought i would get one for sure. any suggestions on how a 16 year old can get around 3000 dollars really quick?[/quote']

I am really impressed and intrigued that he didnt use the word "need".

Sory kid, but I agree with Tim (R9)

Nope' date=' I only have a standard, and I live in Seattle.

;) [/quote']

Funny thing is, I think I remember sometime ago a guy told you you were spoiled because you got a standard at your age... man, if he read this post he would blow that kids house to bits.

I think you deserve one. Your mom must be really mean. I'm sure in your neighborhood all the cool kids have either BMWs or Gibson Customs. Tell your mom to call your friend Biff Rothchild or Larrence "Bling Bling" Rockerfeller. They will tell her how much you need one. How your life just wont be the same without one. What the heck you worked so hard on those grades. If she only knew how much work went into that paper you wrote entitled, "The Homeless Don't Really Want Jobs". And the follow up, "Poverty is a Lifestyle". Hell man that was ground breaking stuff. And when the GOP wanted to honor you at their convention. To bad your Polo tournament conflicted. Don't let your mom forget that only low lifes in public schools play Standards.

I think you deserve one. Your mom must be really mean. I'm sure in your neighborhood all the cool kids have either BMWs or Gibson Customs. Tell your mom to call your friend Biff Rothchild or Larrence "Bling Bling" Rockerfeller. They will tell her how much you need one. How your life just wont be the same without one. What the heck you worked so hard on those grades. If she only knew how much work went into that paper you wrote entitled' date=' "The Homeless Don't Really Want Jobs". And the follow up, "Poverty is a Lifestyle". Hell man that was ground breaking stuff. And when the GOP wanted to honor you at their convention. To bad your Polo tournament conflicted. Don't let your mom forget that only low lifes in public schools play Standards. [/quote']

8-[ 8-[

I also strongly agree with what Tim said...

Flight959

This is a joke' date=' right? This knob is actually asking his mother for a $4,000 guitar? Are you retarded?

Do they give out Les Paul Customs as awards for special needs kids over in Seattle, or something?[/quote']

f**king brilliant

kid, i've been saving up for my custom for 3 years (halfway there) by working at a JOB i hate.

if you get a custom before me, lemme know so i can hang myself

man don't you know that you can get a good fake LP custom from China for around $250 + shipping. I'm sure none of your friends will know the difference. Just make sure you don't buy one of those crappy fakes.... save up and get a good one.

Basically you have GAS for a Les Paul Standard with an ebony fretboard instead of rosewood, just like mine (lol):

Seriously, if you can afford a Custom I'd go for it.

This is my Standard (I love the ebony fretboard):

silvy1-1-2.jpg

Archived