Gibson Brands Forums

121212 Concert

CowboyBillyBob1

I am watching this concert as I type this and there were some great performances. Pete Townsends tone was amazing. Best I have ever heard from a live concert broadcast. The Who was so much better than I thought they could muster.

Kanye West is on now and I feel ike I am being tortured. I just don't get it. How does crapike that sell?

Hoping Billy Joel will make up for it along with Paul McCartney. I bet they close the show with Hey Jude and all the stars come back on stage to sing the end.

OH Kanye just finished. Gotta go.

I am watching this concert as I type this and there were some great performances. Pete Townsends tone was amazing. Best I have ever heard from a live concert broadcast. The Who was so much better than I thought they could muster.

Kanye West is on now and I feel ike I am being tortured. I just don't get it. How does crapike that sell?

Hoping Billy Joel will make up for it along with Paul McCartney. I bet they close the show with Hey Jude and all the stars come back on stage to sing the end.

I really loved the tribute to Moonie during the Who's performance.

The live stream on my computer (web site) froze up as The Who where starting so I got to see the stuff before them. Springsteen was Boss as usual and I liked Water's performance but the drummer in his band wasn't there, Mason is no joke when it comes to beat's and timing. There was a delayed re-broadcast on Sundance Channel later on and I watched most of Sir Paul's bit. Along with the Martin and Les Paul, he also played a Cigar-Box Guitar with some sort of small old amp that was sitting on top of the back-line amps.

Great show. Who is this Kayne guy and what kinda terrible crap did people have

to listen to!? That was the worst s%#t I ever experienced.

Most of the concert was pretty bland but McCartney and the Nirvana crew's performance was fantastic.

Yeah I didn't understand the negativity about this on the forum yesterday.. Most other singers would go do some awful Kurt Kobain impression.. Paul just jammed out with them and it was sick

I'm right there with you. I DVR'd it to watch at my convenience, but couldn't find anything else to watch so tuned in for a bit just as, you guessed it, Kanye (this is talent?) West was on. That lasted about 3 minutes before a channel change.

The Paul and Nirvana thing was surprising. I couldn't get over how much the song they played last night sounded like Helter Skelter and Serve The Servants. I'm glad to have seen them all play, regardless of content and context.

I don't really think it was a "Nirvana Reunion" as mentioned by Paul, but rather as mentioned "A jam".

The one thing I couldn't hear past was Dave Grohl's drumming. It was too derivative of Them Crooked Vultures among other things. I know it's his style of drumming, however it seemed a bit redundant to my ears.

Did anyone else catch Bruce Springsteen's continuous money shot?

The Who's performance got me so hyped for the show in Feb, Roger's voice sounds better than it has in the last 10 years IMHO. Pete's on point with guitar as always.

Kanye was such a tacked-on addition, so out of place. And what was up with the leather kilt?

The Boss sounded good, though anyone else think the mix was awful early in the show? The crowd and his voice echoing around the arena overshadowed the dry vox (as if it's easy to understand him normally).

Roger Waters was great, though it was disappointing he lip-synced to In the Flesh. I guess he's gotta conserve the voice though. Glad they did Us and Them and had to laugh when the censors missed "sh!t" in Money and bleeped it a few seconds after (which happened a few times throughout the night).

Anyone else disappointed by the Nirvana reunion? Though I wouldn't wanna see Macca try to struggle through Smells Like Teen Spirit, it was hyped up all day as something that it wasn't. Still interesting though. Overall it was a great show! Couldn't help making a donation after Adam Sandler's version of Halleluiah.

The Paul and Nirvana thing was surprising. I couldn't get over how much the song they played last night sounded like Helter Skelter and Serve The Servants. I'm glad to have seen them all play, regardless of content and context.

I don't really think it was a "Nirvana Reunion" as mentioned by Paul, but rather as mentioned "A jam".

That's what I call Paul's rock n' roll voice, and by the way it was never a Nirvana reunion, the news were worded that way so they could get some miles.

Double Trouble have played with other guitarists and it sounds nothing like Stevie Ray.

Derivative of Them Crooked Vultures? It was derivative of Dave Grohl.

That's like saying Paul's performance was too derivative of Oasis.

Paul wasn't in Oasis, so saying anything combining the two would be off regardless of influence. Saying it was derivative of Them Crooked Vultures is appropriate because a lot of his drumming in that outfit came out in the performance last night which I thought of rather bland and recycled in that it was the same straight forward beats he always plays, especially when he double timed it.

That's what I call Paul's rock n' roll voice, and by the way it was never a Nirvana reunion, the news were worded that way so they could get some miles.

Double Trouble have played with other guitarists and it sounds nothing like Stevie Ray.

"So you know, the penny finally dropped, I finally understood that I was in the middle of a Nirvana reunion" - Sir Paul McCartney.

As far as the sound goes, it sucked un-wiped ***! I never expect to much from a live broadcast as it's always over limited to allow the bandwidth and signal compression for broadcast requirement's (this is why there's usually a lot of re-recording and over dubbing in many live recording's). Be willing to bet it sounded very different at the show but I did hear much unbalance in the first few Springsteen song's so it may have been bad in the FOH to.

Archived