Gibson Brands Forums

Celine Dion

Homz

I'm going to be sick. Just saw a commercial for an upcoming Celine Dion concert at Conseco Field House in Indianapolis. She actually gave the "universal 2 fingered hand gesture for rock and roll". Can she do that arn't their laws against such things? It could have only been worse if those Jonas Brothers had done it.

...so... you didnt catch her performance of AC/DC songs a couple of months ago eh?

Neither did I, but I read it all over the papers... that's right, the papers DOWN HERE were all talking about it... how she got an award for "worst cover interpretation" or something like that...

So, after singing (more like destroying and killing miserably) some ACDC songs, she thinks she is a rocker now?

...so... you didnt catch her performance of AC/DC songs a couple of months ago eh?

Neither did I' date=' but I read it all over the papers... that's right, the papers DOWN HERE were all talking about it... how she got an award for "worst cover interpretation" or something like that...

So, after singing (more like destroying and killing miserably) some ACDC songs, she thinks she is a rocker now?

[/quote']

uggg... don't think I'll ever do "Back In Black" again...

This post is for any Celine fans in the forum 64174005xHGCcMHxwavefinger.gif

Seriously... why the hell do they get so hyped when they notice she is going to play ACDC? They are not people that you'd expect to like ACDC... they are celine's fans for f-cks sake! Why all the hype for the HARD ROCK BADASS BAND cover? Dont they all hate that music and think its horrible? Dont they all think KISS is satanic and ACDC too? (f-king ignorants...)

Don't watch this video! There are some things that just can't be undone. Or unseen in this case. Really! Don't Do It!

Too late. I wished I would have read this BEFORE I watched it. I think I've been scarred for life, now I'm going to have to spend more money on therapy.

Last night on PBS I saw a David Foster (composer/producer) tribute concert filmed at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. He produced and/or wrote a bunch of Celine's big hits. Her show is running down the strip at (I think) Ceaser's Palace. For this tribute concert for the man that discovered her, she couldn't even be bothered to have her chauffer drive her down the street to appear in person. They TAPED a segment at HER theater and dropped it into his show on the video screen. In the segment she even makes a comment to him about "MY stage".

Without David Foster she'd probably be slingin' hash in Montreal, but she couldn't go down the street to make a 4 minute appearance in his honor. Can anyone say DIVA. I'm glad someone came up with that word, it keep us from having to use words that come up looking like ******* ****.

Too late. I wished I would have read this BEFORE I watched it. I think I've been scarred for life' date=' now I'm going to have to spend more money on therapy.

Last night on PBS I saw a David Foster (composer/producer) tribute concert filmed at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. He produced and/or wrote a bunch of Celine's big hits. Her show is running down the strip at (I think) Ceaser's Palace. For this tribute concert for the man that discovered her, she couldn't even be bothered to have her chauffer drive her down the street to appear in person. They TAPED a segment at HER theater and dropped it into his show on the video screen. In the segment she even makes a comment to him about "MY stage".

Without David Foster she'd probably be slingin' hash in Montreal, but she couldn't go down the street to make a 4 minute appearance in his honor. Can anyone say DIVA. I'm glad someone came up with that word, it keep us from having to use words that come up looking like ******* ****.[/quote']

Ok man I hear your pain. Take deep breaths and repeat after me. "Ozzy, Slash, Jimmy, Eric...Ozzy, Slash, Jimmy, Eric..., Eric...Ozzy, Slash, Jimmy, Eric..., Eric...Ozzy, Slash, Jimmy, Eric..., Eric...Ozzy, Slash, Jimmy, Eric..., Eric...Ozzy, Slash, Jimmy, Eric..."

Now start humming the theme to Bonanza. I'm going to bring you back slowly. Bonanza will clean the brains pallet.

Ok now sing the "Duke's of Hazard" theme song. Are you with me?

Finally, and this part if critically important, get the Led out. Go to your CD collection and play side one of LZ 4 (Zoso).

No, you can't do "Physical Graffiti". I said we're bringing you back slowly.

Are you better now?

Old story: When I first started taking guitar lessons my instructor had never heard of Kevin Moore (Ke'b Mo') who's work I admired and copied in my own stinted way. But to my surprise Kevin's uncle, Herm Wyatt, was a fellow-student of my instructor. He's a faith music singer and picker and was trying to learn how to play some Blues. Very talented man with a SWEET voice. I commented, when I met him, on how ironic it seemed that the uncle of one of the most popular Blues guitarists and vocalists at that time, the man who had given the first guitar to Kevin when he was a little boy, was taking Blues lessons from a very white guy who'd never heard of his nephew. 8-[

Anyway, one day Kevin himself showed up during my lesson, along with his Uncle Herm. He introduced himself and asked if we'd like to jam a little. Great fun. He played my John Lee Hooker Sheraton II and decided he wanted one, which he now has in his arsenal. He made some interesting observations on his guitar stylings (said all he knew was a bunch of "tricks" that he just put together). When I asked him who was the most difficult performer he'd shared a ticket with he immediately said "Celine Dion". He didn't elaborate overly, being a gentleman. But he made it clear what "Diva" really meant.

And be banged my Sheraton on the chair when he handed it back to me. No damage but an interesting look on his face. 8-[ Nice man, great hands and voice.

Old story: When I first started taking guitar lessons my instructor had never heard of Kevin Moore (Ke'b Mo') who's work I admired and copied in my own stinted way. But to my surprise Kevin's uncle' date=' Herm Wyatt, was a fellow-student of my instructor. He's a faith music singer and picker and was trying to learn how to play some Blues. Very talented man with a SWEET voice. I commented, when I met him, on how ironic it seemed that the uncle of one of the most popular Blues guitarists and vocalists at that time, the man who had given the first guitar to Kevin when he was a little boy, was taking Blues lessons from a very white guy who'd never heard of his nephew. 8-[

Anyway, one day Kevin himself showed up during my lesson, along with his Uncle Herm. He introduced himself and asked if we'd like to jam a little. Great fun. He played my John Lee Hooker Sheraton II and decided he wanted one, which he now has in his arsenal. He made some interesting observations on his guitar stylings (said all he knew was a bunch of "tricks" that he just put together). When I asked him who was the most difficult performer he'd shared a ticket with he immediately said "Celine Dion". He didn't elaborate overly, being a gentleman. But he made it clear what "Diva" really meant.

And be banged my Sheraton on the chair when he handed it back to me. No damage but an interesting look on his face. 8-[ Nice man, great hands and voice.[/quote]

Good story. I was about to shed a tear but then you got to the Celine part and had to go take a shower.

I have actually seen her in concert my wife got the tickets from a charity auction thing at work and there was no room for discussion she said she'd been to dozen of Blues and Rock shows and I was taking her to Celine. I just did the "good husband who lives in a community property state head nod" and went with her. The lame Hell Hag Celine spent at least 10 minutes ranting and raving about the evils of Air Conditioning and how it was hard on her instrument (voice) and wanted to know why they had it on so high? it was like 116 degrees outside middle of summer they should have locked her in a car in the parking lot even my wife felt bad and said she owed me big about half way through the show.

She's popular though I guess it all depends on your point of view and how you look at it

trash-shadow-art.jpg

Don't watch this video! There are some things that just can't be undone. Or unseen in this case. Really! Don't Do It!

Too late for me too. She looks like a stiff breeze would blow her over.

I have to admit, I kinda liked the harmonized parts.

It's not like I'm going to go out and buy any Celine cd's, though.

I think Celine would make GuitarJunkie sick... and he's from Quebec...

Believe me' date=' when it comes to disowning a celebrity, us Canadians rank Celine right up there with KD Lang and Jean Chretien. (or at least I do.)[/quote']

Where'd you ever get the idea I'm from Quebec?!?!?

Way up at the top of this thread, I watched the video of the AC/DC cover and was going to make a comment to the effect of "this is one of those times I almost want to apologize for being Canadian". Then I saw SRV more or less beat me to it. My other comment was going to be how I would sooooo hit that Anastacia chick in the video...

You know the world has gone really sicko the day AC/DC do Celine Dion covers.

PS' date=' Neil Young makes up for all thats bad thats come from Canada.[/quote']

YOu Canadians have nothing to apologize for.Neil makes up for it all.

Archived