Gibson Brands Forums

Recorded an album this weekend

Twiz

This weekend my band the tracking for our first full-length album. We just did the basic tracking. Overdubs and guitar harmonies are up next. I brought 3 guitars with me, my 72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue, my Reverend Daredevil, and my Les Paul Special. Turns out I only needed my trusty Les Paul. I did all my tracks with that one guitar.

Pretty simple rig: 1998 Les Paul Special > Peavey 5150 > Avatar 4X12 with Celestion Vintage 30's and G12H's (put the microphone on one of the Vintage 30's). I'm pretty excited how it sounds so far. I can't wait to mix.

rig-1_zps63e41210.jpg

Thanks man. I think the songs on it will be better. There's more dual guitar parts and stuff. We did a cover too for a 7 inch too that's going to come out in the spring. -Thin Lizzy Warriors.

4- song EP? Tell us more about that.

So why did you not use the V?

I'll send ya the link to or band camp page. I don't want to spam the forum. It's actually a 3 song ep we did last year. It's older material from when the band first started.

As for the V, I wanted to use that, but it's in a different tuning (whole step down) and set up for that. I play that in the other band.

Haha. Yea, I guess that's not spamming. I just didn't want to be like "Check out my bands! Buy our stuff!" on the lounge page. Anybody interested in hearing bands I'm in, message me. I'll send you the pages for our bandcamp. You should be able to stream the audio through that.

Ok, here are the links:

Carousel (This is who I recorded with this past weekend):

Carousel

Lady Beast (I play my V in this band):

Lady Beast

I'm just the rhythm guy in both. I do the harmonized parts and stuff too. I've always been more of a rhythm guy, but I'm going to hopefully try my hand at soloing a little here and there in the future. Both bands are going to be hitting the road at some point in the next 6 months or so. I'll keep you guys posted.

That is all very, VERY COOL!

[thumbup]

I'm both impressed and jealous in equal measure!

And I'm right there with Kaleb in thinking 'Warriors' is a great track, too.

Best of luck with the remaining sessions!

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

P.

It's not spam if you've been here since '09 man, sheeze even a year or so. I think of us as a group of friends who are in the same business and business works best when people work together, even when competing.

I mean if somebody just joined and started selling stuff it would be one thing.

Cool rig, I love a 5150, and best of luck.

Archived