Gibson Brands Forums

Which Gibson would you say gives you the least value for it's price?

solving

Which Gibson would you say gives you the least value for it's price? sound & quality......

And which ones would you say is the opposite?

Preferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'\shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийalt altPreferences

The blues King - No hard shell case, Bubinga B&S.

Nothing wrong with all, that except it comes in at $2349.

Most comparable Gibson guitars at that price mark have a HSC and

mahogany B&S.

Ive played some, I'm going to Have to say the melody makers... they just... They dont feel like a Gibson...

best ive seen are the faded's and studios the studios for quality v price.

But they are cheap. Musicians friend had them very recently at $250. Granted they are more now.

The only sj200 I've played that I was disgusted with was a studio version but it was also the only studio I've played.

Ponty bubinga is an amazing tonewood? Some might say superior to hog. I know from the J100s I've played my friends G/f bubinga back is by far the best my hog J100 is second though. It may not go with an 00 shape but works great for jumbos

I agree with the signature model statement for least value.

I just bought a HB Pro (I know it's not a hummingbird) and I'm really impressed with it.

Look up the specs at Gibson.com.

Looks plain except for the inlaids, sounds/plays great, OHSC.

$1779 at GC (It's their exclusive) and used ones for 1200-1400. Not a bad drop for a new guitar in that range. You're basically paying for the warranty.

My little BumbaLeena the Gibson Blues King is a bit upset at people canning her!

I tried a couple at different shops but they sounded cardboardy and I gave up on them, thought I did like the look. I was at a Martin dealer's shop and asked a sales-un which would be best for my blues pickin' and he gave me a brand new shiny dead straight D-18 which was at the time the exact opposite of what I was looking for soundwise. I went to another shop that sells all kinds of guitars, well, anything they can flog really, and the sales-un was the most annoying blow-fly I have ever come across, but I was pickin' a shiny Gibson Blues King which was talking to ME more than he was flapping his gums and he went and left me with it alas, just as an electrical Gibson was plugged in to try and I could hear the Blues King no more......

I went home, but had a bit of the shaky shakes and went back the next day with a wad of cash and bought the thing! A different sales-un was there who was busy eating his breakfast - well I was a bit early....so he mumbled to his young sidekick to get the gig bag from the storeroom and next thing I am walking back to my car down the most metro and crowded street in town with my Gibson in a funny bag that announces to all that I am the Blues King!

It is a beautifully put together geetar (apart from the P/G):

BluesKingGuitar1a_zps5d2a30b2.jpg

BluesKing777.

My little BumbaLeena the Gibson Blues King is a bit upset at people canning her!

I tried a couple at different shops but they sounded cardboardy and I gave up on them, thought I did like the look. I was at a Martin dealer's shop and asked a sales-un which would be best for my blues pickin' and he gave me a brand new shiny dead straight D-18 which was at the time the exact opposite of what I was looking for soundwise. I went to another shop that sells all kinds of guitars, well, anything they can flog really, and the sales-un was the most annoying blow-fly I have ever come across, but I was pickin' a shiny Gibson Blues King which was talking to ME more than he was flapping his gums and he went and left me with it alas, just as an electrical Gibson was plugged in to try and I could hear the Blues King no more......

I went home, but had a bit of the shaky shakes and went back the next day with a wad of cash and bought the thing! A different sales-un was there who was busy eating his breakfast - well I was a bit early....so he mumbled to his young sidekick to get the gig bag from the storeroom and next thing I am walking back to my car down the most metro and crowded street in town with my Gibson in a funny bag that announces to all that I am the Blues King!

It is a beautifully put together geetar (apart from the P/G):

BluesKing777.

haha...there's a song somewhere in that story BK...funny.

Apparently, the HB Pro has company in the no respect category...I gotta HB Pro meself...and rather like it as well. Gotta say, it didn't do too well in the resale arena though.

haha...there's a song somewhere in that story BK...funny.

Apparently, the HB Pro has company in the no respect category...I gotta HB Pro meself...and rather like it as well. Gotta say, it didn't do too well in the resale arena though.

went back down to that old music store...

i smell eggs through their storm door..

slammed da old door in,

threw my money on da table 'n said

Give meh that old Gibs-

walk'n down the street no money, but I got a blues king on my back

yes 'cuz I'ma BLUES King mhmmm...

Yes I'am a Blues king

went back down to that old music store...

i smell eggs through their storm door..

slammed da old door in,

threw my money on da table 'n said

Give meh that old Gibs-

walk'n down the street no money, but I got a blues king on my back

yes 'cuz I'ma BLUES King mhmmm...

Yes I'am a Blues king

and there ya go! all that needs now is a catchy melody and we'll soon be listening to either BK or EB on the iheart radio circuit! and can i get in on the royalty stream for at least suggesting it? 1/4.c will do fine, as this is gonna be big [laugh]

I love the Blues King model, but like its been said before by many of us, A gig bag for a $2400 guitar. A gig bag? Please! A gig bag comes with a $500 guitar, not a $2400 guitar. And sometimes not for a $500 guitar. I would not trust a gigbag for a guitar as nice as the blues King. Sorry....

Least value: Signature guitars.

Best value: I have to chime in with a +1 for the HB Pro. An amazing value for the build and tone you get. Plus you get a hard case. Actually have very nice burst finish too.

Excellent for flat picking too.

Archived