Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Your Epiphones !

Old Rocker 59

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

btw - I am looking for a replacement pickguard for my epi dot, will any 335 pickguard fit?

cheers.

I think most will fit. However, be careful about the measurements between the pickups. Gibson and Epi generally differ just a hair. I bought a pick guard for my Epi Les Paul, and the distance between the pickups was a bit short.

Play well,

Pete

[thumbup] I'd like to see some more of that natural finished Emperor Regent please. I had one just like it with that same arrangement of knobs.

22e8fd52-e5ff-49ef-8335-c8412014e0e9_zps8fc68120.jpg

c3dee54c-7af3-4d3a-878c-81e1dc8ddfcf_zpsccce3d79.jpg

sorry for the poor pics, that's what's in my Photobucket, bucket...msp_mellow.gifmsp_glare.gifmsp_sleep.gifmsp_smile.gifeusa_dance.gif

That particular guitar is no longer here. It has a new caretaker, for now. Another one allowed to leave my place to another one of my youngest kids guitar playing friends, whom happened to like it, quite a lot actually. Some say the knob arrangement on this scratch plate is an impediment to the the play-ability, the volume and tone control knobs are not in a "user friendly" location...maybe. Later models have the control knob arrangement changed a little bit, a more horizontal "lay out". I liked to "play slide" on it, worked like a charm...But, I took the proceeds and acquired this Ibanez sunburst fat thing, which, to me, is a nicer instrument, but that Emperor Regent is, as us New Englander's say "wicked pissah" too.

ibanez_zps4f57697f.jpg

Archived