Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Your Epiphones !

Old Rocker 59

Here is my 50 th Crestwood .

Oh that is really nice. I know it's not quite the same but it brought back memories of my '66 Coronet. It had just the single pickup with the tremolo arm. There are so many guitars I love, but that one of yours is way up on the list with me. msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers

Wayne

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my main guitar, Epiphone Custom Shop Limited Edition Root Beer SG G-400. I love this guitar, the quilt maple top is exceptional!

SGG-400_zpsaa983640.jpg

cool guitar, different than most. I can dig a root beer quilt Epiphone SGmsp_thumbup.gif

My two favorite Epi's Iv'e ever owned.A Tony Iommi SG I love the crosses on the fretboard and it is the first SG that wasnt neck heavy because the strap button was on the top of the horn.The Iommi pickups were amazing wicked powerfull but a great clarity.Also a white Epi custom shop limited edition SG that MF had online some years ago, the first time I saw it on the site it was on sale for I think $499.00.It came with a set of Zak Wylde EMG,s with all the correct pots and I really liked the white color (I really dig white guitars)and as you see in the picture they make a cool pair and both sound amazing yet the both felt a bit different in a good way.

MVC-052S-1.jpg

Well those two Epi Sg's were my favorite so I deceided to put my least favorite Epiphone and actuallyI dont remember what the model was called.I do know it didnt last long either in my collection or in epiphones catalog.My opinion but it felt like a light piece of plywood and had a realy lousy tone.

MVC-010E.jpg

BTW that Crestwood 50th is an amazing looking axe,congrats on that one.Hey 240 SX I really dig the rootbeer color o your SG,nice

Well, first there's the EF-500 Masterbilt mahogany....

pio035.jpg

Then there's the EF-500 rosewood with abalone....

efra071.jpg

Now there's soon to be the EF-500 maple....

500P-1.JPG

Now that last shot's just a tease. [sneaky] Let's see it! LoL [thumbup]

[smile] The Flame vs. The Figure [scared]

Well I finally got around to taking a few pics of my Elitist Byrdland. This one's a bit different than my Elitist Broadway in that it has flame as opposed to figure.

The Flame - Elitist Byrdland;

image_zps5561a7b9.jpg

image_zps83489670.jpg

image_zps9befc9ce.jpg

image_zpsa24a10a5.jpg

image_zps4b4dae51.jpg

My c2000, Korean 335 Dot.

Utterly amazing straight off the shelf, no upgrades at all (ok....schaller straplocks yes), it's big and warm sounding, amazingly smooth fretboard, it plays itself. I already have my sights on a Chinese Lucile to go with it.

2014-09-14155112_zps9f139389.jpg

2014-09-14155128_zps1ee72435.jpg

2014-09-14155049_zpsa429a2c7.jpg

I've been a Fender man for years..... I just changed my mind.

• 4 weeks later...

My c2000, Korean 335 Dot.

Utterly amazing straight off the shelf, no upgrades at all (ok....schaller straplocks yes), it's big and warm sounding, amazingly smooth fretboard, it plays itself. I already have my sights on a Chinese Lucile to go with it.

2014-09-14155112_zps9f139389.jpg

2014-09-14155128_zps1ee72435.jpg

2014-09-14155049_zpsa429a2c7.jpg

I've been a Fender man for years..... I just changed my mind.

beautiful guitar there msp_thumbup.gif

Archived