Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

Keep talking to us as, at least on this thread I believe, ALL thoughts & emotions are fair game w/o any undies getting into a bunch. If someone doesn't want to hear about things that are troubling one or another of us, then they can just avoid opening the thread and that's that!! [thumbup] Everyone's welcome but I for one ain't a-gonna worry about if someone doesn't like hearing about something that is a big bump in the road for one of our forum members suffering in any way.

Aster

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hayden,

I've been in & out so much with work. How are you doing now? Are you thru with any body remodels and such and and how did things turn out?

Hope all is well with you too!

Aster

Thanks Aster1 for asking all went well at Mayo but I have a check up at UAB in Birmingham with my heart failure and hopefully I'll be done.Been A long road

4H

A long road indeed!

Sorry about Mum Rob love ya brother

4H

Thanks Boys, working our way through things as we speak but still lots to do but once again family is magnificent!

We have to see the minister today, Archdeacon Ted, and fill him in, but before we do that I have to take Kell to the bus just before 8 and then have a doctors appointment down the line at 9-30 am. Have to finish my notes so I can do Mum justice tomorrow. Gael has to shop as the girls, inc friends are catering for after the ceremony. I have an appointment with Mum's solicitor on Friday to read the will and then have to see Mum's bank to see if they will release a safety deposit box she has there as I'm curious what's in it.....paperwork she said. Money will have to wait for probate but I don't care when that happens, it's just an incidental matter in the scheme of things.

Saturday morning we are going to head up the coast for the balance of the week for some healing time.

Yes 4H brothers indeed, all of us, and I love you ugly lot too!!

Thanks Boys, working our way through things as we speak but still lots to do but once again family is magnificent!

We have to see the minister today, Archdeacon Ted, and fill him in, but before we do that I have to take Kell to the bus just before 8 and then have a doctors appointment down the line at 9-30 am. Have to finish my notes so I can do Mum justice tomorrow. Gael has to shop as the girls, inc friends are catering for after the ceremony. I have an appointment with Mum's solicitor on Friday to read the will and then have to see Mum's bank to see if they will release a safety deposit box she has there as I'm curious what's in it.....paperwork she said. Money will have to wait for probate but I don't care when that happens, it's just an incidental matter in the scheme of things.

Saturday morning we are going to head up the coast for the balance of the week for some healing time.

Rob, you've already done Mum justice, just by being you, don't worry about that. I know you'll speak from the heart and that is the purest place to speak from. As you head up the coast, I would suggest that you turn off all electronics and just concentrate on walking with your lovely lady and grieve, remember, and heal. We'll miss you for a couple of days, but we're big boys and understand. Take your time, meditate, and praise the powers that be that you don't have to mess with the partner {grin}. As I've said before, I grieve for you and with you.Take care my friend, see ya when you get back.

TC

ps: As I've said before, I'm not real tech smart, just wanted to know if you received my reply.

1463923549[/url]' post='1771640']

Thanks Aster1 for asking all went well at Mayo but I have a check up at UAB in Birmingham with my heart failure and hopefully I'll be done.Been A long road

4H

Hope everything goes well at the UAB and yes, it seems it's been a very long road for you. Bless your Heart 4 H.msp_thumbup.gif

1464035851[/url]' post='1772019']

So much to be done in the wake of a lost one. Not easy on the family. Take care and enjoy your time with Gayle and just relax. msp_thumbup.gif

Rob, you've already done Mum justice, just by being you, don't worry about that. I know you'll speak from the heart and that is the purest place to speak from. As you head up the coast, I would suggest that you turn off all electronics and just concentrate on walking with your lovely lady and grieve, remember, and heal. We'll miss you for a couple of days, but we're big boys and understand. Take your time, meditate, and praise the powers that be that you don't have to mess with the partner {grin}. As I've said before, I grieve for you and with you.Take care my friend, see ya when you get back.

TC

ps: As I've said before, I'm not real tech smart, just wanted to know if you received my reply.

Not sure about receiving your reply as unless I'm opening a new mail I find it almost impossible to get my inbox again, it's a glitch in the forum software I think.

I'll try again, or was that an e-mail, I can't remember?

Yes thanks we will find time for "us" in the next few days but not sure how or where as the weather is taking on a Wintery turn. We just have to get through the funeral this afternoon and after that the pressure eases considerably. We will make decisions about that stuff in the next few days thanks TC.

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts & Prayers out to Rob with the post-op recovery!!! Eat your Ice Cream & Jelly if that's what they say you need. Don't know what I'd ever get to eat with No Dairy, Gluten, and ... (too long a food list these days). Hope you start feeling great Rob without your foe Mr. G. Bladder. [thumbup]

Aster

I'd like to thank you for all your prayers. I am getting better, gaining confidence, feeling happier, dealing with stress much better. My wife is progressing very slowly indeed. She still misses our daughter terribly, and feels guilty for our daughter staying in a residential home. Please pray for her to be healed mentally.

Thank you.

1465652310[/url]' post='1776960']

Thoughts & Prayers out to Rob with the post-op recovery!!! Eat your Ice Cream & Jelly if that's what they say you need. Don't know what I'd ever get to eat with No Dairy, Gluten, and ... (too long a food list these days). Hope you start feeling great Rob without your foe Mr. G. Bladder. [thumbup]

Aster

Aster, my wife is lacrosse intolerant and recently a friend of hers introduced Beano + dairy defense lacrosse and she's amazed how that helps. Before if she ate cheese or milk products she would be on the pot half a day. So she stays away from them. Now she takes one pill and eats the dairy product right after the pill and has no problems. Thought maybe it might help if you haven't tried it.

1465852142[/url]' post='1777558']

I'd like to thank you for all your prayers. I am getting better, gaining confidence, feeling happier, dealing with stress much better. My wife is progressing very slowly indeed. She still misses our daughter terribly, and feels guilty for our daughter staying in a residential home. Please pray for her to be healed mentally.

Thank you.

Glad to hear your doing better. And prayers for your daughter and wife too. My wife, Debra, just lost her Aunt Nadine last night. She was in Hospice care for a few weeks now suffering from a stroke. We're both fine so no one needs to pray for us lest anyone wants to pray for her family. Funeral is Thursday and I'm a pallbearer. Her husband, Don, is survivor and has health issues. We were expecting Nadine to not last very long. She was really out of touch and not aware of what was going on. We think it's a blessing to end her suffering and it sounds as if she went in her sleep. God Bless the rest here with their health issues too.

• 2 weeks later...

My best to all...

Rob, glad to hear it seems you're catching up on health.... Hope you're being careful with that incision.

I've been so pushed with our rodeo season that my typing is catching up to some of its old speed as long as I have the keyboard set correctly.

BTW, we just had a couple from Oz here visit my workplace. A couple hours south of Brisbane, they said. They have a son living and working here, they said, so they'll be here for the rodeos and stuff. We'll even have a B-1 bomber do a flyover to start the July 4 Independence Day parade that runs about a mile long. A young friend who just did well at the college national finals rodeo will be riding both saddle bronc and bulls at the big pro rodeo.

But... I'm being careful not to overdo it, ditto my wife... my recommendation to all.

It does sound as if most of us are catching up on each other, if not entirely with health and other issues.

That's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Digger's doing better, but still a little crook, Milod is doing better, but still gets a little discouraged at times. But White Fang really needs some prayers and good vibes. His wife suffered a stroke and he's been pulling 8hr shifts with her. So prayers and good vibes for both of them and all of the rest of us who are down or working our way better. Thanks and God bless.

BC

Digger's doing better, but still a little crook, Milod is doing better, but still gets a little discouraged at times. But White Fang really needs some prayers and good vibes. His wife suffered a stroke and he's been pulling 8hr shifts with her. So prayers and good vibes for both of them and all of the rest of us who are down or working our way better. Thanks and God bless.

BC

Thanks fellas, I think I'm doing pretty well now thanks, still a little weak but eating better and so I reckon I'm gonna be spinning my wheels pretty soon.

I certainly think that White Fang has need of some love and my heart goes out to him and his dear lady in their situation. Some of us get crook and things are difficult for a while but WF is in it for the long term, and every day. He certainly needs lots of prayers and love.

He has mine.

• 4 months later...

I thought this deserved a bump again and wonder if there is anyone that should be in our thoughts at the moment?

I received a lot of support and encouragement earlier when I was crook and am thankful for that. As it happens I reckon I'm the best I've been for years.

Well, I am feeling a lot better, thanks to the Lord, and all the prayers of you kind folk. I am starting to enjoy my job, even!

I would still appreciate your prayers: for many years I've been drinking far too much, using it as a crutch to get through the terrible times. This is the first time I have admitted it. I really need to cut down - I need your prayers for this please.

Archived