Gibson Brands Forums

If someone on this forum doesn't buy this...

MorrisrownSal

Then there is no hope for Man.

This is stunning. Rosewood Slope. Ren signed. Isn't there a thread about someone wanting another slope after just selling a J45? You're welcome.

http://guitars.com/inventory/ag6456-2004-gibson-heart-texas-j-45-rosewood

The stars at night. Are big and bright.. clap clap clap clap...

Buc?

Anyone?

Isn't this unique?

Awww pffffft. You all disappoint me. Pity.

(Ps.... I'm punch drunk. No sleep. But my 85 year old dad came out of a pretty major surgery perfectly. A great day tis is. Good night all)

Then there is no hope for Man.

This is stunning. Rosewood Slope. Ren signed. Isn't there a thread about someone wanting another slope after just selling a J45? You're welcome.

http://guitars.com/inventory/ag6456-2004-gibson-heart-texas-j-45-rosewood

The stars at night. Are big and bright.. clap clap clap clap...

Buc?

Anyone?

Isn't this unique?

Awww pffffft. You all disappoint me. Pity.

(Ps.... I'm punch drunk. No sleep. But my 85 year old dad came out of a pretty major surgery perfectly. A great day tis is. Good night all)

Glad to hear your father is doing well and wish him an uneventful recovery! Be nice to your nurses!

That person would be me who recently sold an uninspiring J45 and was looking for another one...until today. I ended up buying a guitar. The one you posted the link to is real nice, but I have to admit I'm not a fan of all the abalone or those inlays especially on a J45. This is just my insignificant opinion, but abalone just doesn't look right on a J45. Part of the attraction of a J45 for me is it's understated, stark, basic, bare bones yet classy look. No neck binding, simple dot inlays, nothing real fancy and all it really needs is just a nice burst and you're done.

The rose 45's I tried have usually been good and very convincing guitars - and admit having a weak spot for head-stock bindings, but pass.

Frankly I'm more interested in that red fried one right behind you.

That said even though my own TV's sound terrific and get me flying almost each day, , , w. faded steel.

Cheers

Nice looking guitar but can't stand those tuners.

Agree (regarding this particular 45) - any suggestions ?

Does nothing for me. Now, if it were a rosewood SJ, that would be another thing altogether.

I can't believe they haven't made a repro of the FON 910 SJ's. one of the rarest and most dynamic of all Gibson slope-J's. Ask Tom Barnwell and JT.

This is the one from that batch that Tom has now. I'm kicking myself for not buying it when I had my hands on it.

1942SJback.jpg

1942SJside.jpg

1934SJtop.jpg

Nice guitar. If you blow-up the pics a little bit and use your imagination you might think the fretboard inlays kind of resemble a steer's head....lol...Beyond that, don't know what the link is to Texas. Ren is obviously a great luthier, but signatures don't mean anything to me. If I were looking for another J45, I'd likely look for a Standard or TV.......Of more interest is the fact that Sal's dad is doing well after surgery. I'm glad for you and your family, Sal.

Sal, Sal, Sal.............

It's a righty. Sheesh.

It's rosewood. Sheesh.

It's wearing Grover Rotos. Oh. My. God.

Otherwise I'm sure it's a wonderful instrument that doesn't seem to have any connection to Texas at all.

And it's good to hear pop is doing well. [thumbup]

Does nothing for me. Now, if it were a rosewood SJ, that would be another thing altogether.

I can't believe they haven't made a repro of the FON 910 SJ's. one of the rarest and most dynamic of all Gibson slope-J's. Ask Tom Barnwell and JT.

This is the one from that batch that Tom has now. I'm kicking myself for not buying it when I had my hands on it.

1942SJback.jpg

1942SJside.jpg

1934SJtop.jpg

I know you don't like the bling, but this SJ RW just keeps sounding better all the time.

It's out on loan right now.

EEE24D02-A152-4C2A-BE08-0573CD5820A1_zpswqodxzlt.jpg

Sal, Sal, Sal.............

It's a righty. Sheesh.

It's rosewood. Sheesh.

It's wearing Grover Rotos. Oh. My. God.

Otherwise I'm sure it's a wonderful instrument that doesn't seem to have any connection to Texas at all.

And it's good to hear pop is doing well. [thumbup]

Here's cowboy for you

I think Gretsch and Martin do cowboy the best

IMG_2282_zpscbejjfop.jpg

E9F7EC5E-823C-4D22-A8DE-7E964B253147_zps1csdwg6q.jpg

Very nice, Dave! The thread has officially been hijacked! (Is that one yours?)

My last "live" rig.......and yes, those are leopard print pickup rings.......ha! Rock n' roll! Can't recall the model but the little amp was from the early 60s ('62 maybe...?) and it rocked! Used a Fulltone Tape Echo unit as a pre........that was a serious tone.

DSC01152_zpsvycch9du.jpg

Very nice, Dave! The thread has officially been hijacked! (Is that one yours?)

My last "live" rig.......and yes, those are leopard print pickup rings.......ha! Rock n' roll! Can't recall the model but the little amp was from the early 60s ('62 maybe...?) and it rocked! Used a Fulltone Tape Echo unit as a pre........that was a serious tone.

DSC01152_zpsvycch9du.jpg

Yes that's mine. I like the one you had too. Something about an orange Gretsch.

Archived