Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas or Holiday Song Thread?

MorrisrownSal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice sal, I liked both of them.

here's a Christmas song but NOT played on a gibby. (I aint got one yet..) should I delete?

Recorded this one a few years ago on my nylon string (I posted this last year round this time too..)

I remember this. Truly lovely. Happy Holidays!

Red 333

Super Ray.I remember calling that hypnotic when I heard it before.

Dave beaut covers!

Keith your son in law did a fine version of a traditional old carol.Nice treatment and instrumentation.

L5 that is a great song for a big band or a one man guitar and vocals..just a beautiful song.I remember you posting your own band here..not often.Could do with another post sometime.

Here's a quick one from me.One of Ian Anderson's little gems.Originally a mandolin song.I tried on guitar but uke suits better.With added completely gratuitous harp.Fits the brief for a Christmas song...as it's called "A Christmas Song"

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IngR2k010&feature=youtu.be

Love this. It feels traditional yet modern at the same time. The uke was a good choice, too.

Red 333

I'm having trouble getting to it this year, but am really enjoying all the performances on this thread!

Red 333

it sometimes arrives for us when we least expect it. keep listening for it, it's usually there, we just don't always hear it.

Peace Red..

I'm having trouble getting to it this year, but am really enjoying all the performances on this thread!

Red 333

I was only fortunate to catch last years. So I take it the folks on here expect yearly ones from you Red. You only have a few days left to create another [thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...

A big believer here in Better Late than Never. And, I can turn the laptop on it’s side to view, no prob. But you do know that if this was recorded on an iPhone on it’s side, the Home button should be to the right(?)

ps- Nice. And thanks for sharing.

That was lovely mojo

I'm amazed by your obvious intelligence mixed with the inability to record a video the right way up

Kind of you Grunters.

It's a poor workman who blames his tools, so I'll admit to being technologically and temporally challenged. I'm not a technophobe, and I can usually figure things like this out given time. I've just not spent enough time with the camera function of my current phone to have worked it out. Never had this issue with the old Samsung I used to record with: it always uploaded the right way up automatically, so I never had to think about what I was doing. But the Samsung also changed orientation automatically during filming. My current phone doesn't do that, but I've not made enough videos with it to be certain that changing the orientation manually will solve the problem. Always in a hurry when I get a chance to record.

Alternatively, it might be the effect of playing with a lamp on (already scientifically demonstrated to add phasing).

haha...don't you be dissin' the vertically challenged BBG!

Mojo..I hope your kids didn't have to wait this long for their Xmas presents.

Nah, they got their prezzies in good time, Flatters. Certain major items were even distributed before Christmas because apparently they were desperately needed (electronic devices which outstrip my smartphone).

Archived