Gibson Brands Forums

When your Wife won't let buy another guitar

onewilyfool

IMO, if a wife won't let a guy buy another guitar, he might point out (but only after careful consideration and soul-searching) that his guitar(s) would most certainly permit him to get another wife.

(All's fair in love and guitars...)

:rolleyes:

I'm actually going through this right now.

It's not that my wife "won't let me" buy another guitar, but she's adamant that I have "enough" of them.

I've been trying to buy a Hummingbird Custom Koa, but if I bring it home AND have to take $ out of the bank, she's NOT going to be happy!

So.... I've been pulling out $150/pay day and saving it up as cash. If the 'Bird-Koa is still available, I'll have the full price in about a month from now.

If it's been sold...I'll be on the prowl for SOMETHING with a fist-full of $100 bills!

Then when I bring it home, she'll complain about another guitar, but the $ won't be an issue.

IMO, if a wife won't let a guy buy another guitar, he might point out (but only after careful consideration and soul-searching) that his guitar(s) would most certainly permit him to get another wife.

(All's fair in love and guitars...)

:rolleyes:

Anne, one "hold-card" my wife always pulls is that if I get another guitar, SHE gets another dog....and we have 9 dogs that live with us, (and another 1/2 dozen that live around the country), and I'm up to 10 guitars!

I'm actually going through this right now.

It's not that my wife "won't let me" buy another guitar, but she's adamant that I have "enough" of them.

I've been trying to buy a Hummingbird Custom Koa, but if I bring it home AND have to take $ out of the bank, she's NOT going to be happy!

So.... I've been pulling out $150/pay day and saving it up as cash. If the 'Bird-Koa is still available, I'll have the full price in about a month from now.

If it's been sold...I'll be on the prowl for SOMETHING with a fist-full of $100 bills!

Then when I bring it home, she'll complain about another guitar, but the $ won't be an issue.

Ahh... you're counting on her not to notice that the bank deposits have been a wee short. eusa_whistle.gif But perhaps she will be gracious enough not to point it out. And, she just may have her eye on a few more dogs anyway!!

Good luck...esp w/the 'Bird. I hope it's ready when you are!!

Ahh... you're counting on her not to notice that the bank deposits have been a wee short. eusa_whistle.gif But perhaps she will be gracious enough not to point it out. And, she just may have her eye on a few more dogs anyway!!

Good luck...esp w/the 'Bird. I hope it's ready when you are!!

Thanks.... the deposits aren't actually short... I just funnel off a little each payday, (I did the same thing when I bought my DIF).

We actually just bred one of our dogs... we should know next week if she's preggers....and I don't mind owning a couple out of the litter, (if she's preggers), I just don't want them to live here. As I said, we co-own dogs all over the country.

I just brought home a keyboard. She said, "You already have two pianos!". But of course, a keyboard isn't like a piano!

I'll let you know how it works out.

Dag Scott,

Its hard to express the sickening feeling of this news. I wish there were magic words to make it go away. What a trying time for you, your wife and family. God give you all strength to get through this, Rod

Scott,

I'm very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your kids. From a similar experience, I know how physically and mentally difficult things may become for all of you. Even though things are bleak, I hope you can all find moments to enjoy and cherish.

Red 333

Scott,

Very sad indeed. Just cherish every moment you have with her, hope for the miracle of more time and tell her every day why you love. When she goes....remember all the reasons you love her.

Sorta makes a couple having issues about buying guitars seem very very frivolous :(

Don't ever hesitate to post/talk to us here....we are all your family and will support you any way we can....even if it is just listening and replying with words that seem so very inadequate! Like my reply now seems to me.

Scott ksdaddy,

I’m a newbee and don’t know you but my heart goes out to you and your family. Some years ago I lost my Dad to that on Dec. 1. There are no words at these times. The Lord is able and faithful even when we don’t understand and don’t believe it. My family and I will be praying for you. I’m sorry, may the Lord help and strengthen you.

chasAK

ps take up nobehopper’s invitation it sounds like you have established a real family and support group on this forum

Archived