Gibson Brands Forums

Impulse buy

Izzy

I grabbed the two for $280, less than the Squier had cost me. DO NOT get excited, the VOX is a Pathfinder, not an AC15C1. The sound of the amp is...lets say I've been spoiled with the tubes and this makes me feel like a teen in a garage, but the headphone jack will be useful and it gets real crunchy like...

The guitar will need to be set up, but it stays in tune and intonation is already good, but I want the bridge put and the action low.

I love the color...its purple.

The way I figure I got the combo fairly cheap and now the hole is filled as strats go with a practice amp to boot. Can't lug the Blackheart around, for pete's sake!

I do okay?

stratwvox.jpg

I grabbed the two for $280, less than the Squier had cost me. DO NOT get excited, the VOX is a Pathfinder, not an AC15C1. The sound of the amp is...lets say I've been spoiled with the tubes and this makes me feel like a teen in a garage, but the headphone jack will be useful and it gets real crunchy like...

The guitar will need to be set up, but it stays in tune and intonation is already good, but I want the bridge put and the action low.

I love the color...its purple.

The way I figure I got the combo fairly cheap and now the hole is filled as strats go with a practice amp to boot. Can't lug the Blackheart around, for pete's sake!

I do okay?

stratwvox.jpg

For $280? you did really well...enjoy

Sorry for being late. But I also want to congratulate Izzy on her new guitar Stratocaster :) , let it be this Strat [thumbup] . I also bought my Strat later (it is my last purchase among my guitars) since I thought that it didn't need for me. On the one hand really my two LP quite suited me in sound. But after when I played on the Strat some time I realized that here I am playing a little different, other feelings etc. Thus, congrats too.

I think Valeriy hit an important point: Different guitars will bring something different to your technique because they will change the playing geometry.

It looks as if you got a good deal to. The fact that you were up all night pickin' kinda is proof of the pudding.

But gee... Burple is the hickups color, right?

<chortle>

m

I second the views expressed by both Valeriy and milod.

A Strat will open up new ways of playing/thinking/writing just because it speaks differently.

And the Vox is a cracker, too!

Enjoy!

[thumbup]

P.

Good deal there.. [thumbup] nice score

Now if your practicing like that you need a looper pedal .. so so so much fun and great for practicing. You lay a rhythm track down, start the loop and solo away.. :) I can spend hours doing that.

Archived