Gibson Brands Forums

Chappers Demo's The Orange OR100 - Twin Channel Valve Head

CoreyT

I used to think this guy was quite funny, but now he's just so full of himself I can't take anymore.

Dreadlocks on a white British person is like a tutu on a gorilla.

He's a pretty bad player too.

I used to think this guy was quite funny, but now he's just so full of himself I can't take anymore.

Dreadlocks on a white British person is like a tutu on a gorilla.

He's a pretty bad player too.

I'll agree with you that he's gotten a little big headed in the past few months, but there are probably a few contributing factors to that. His guitars fairly recently started shipping en mass, giving him a little too much pride for his own good. Also due to the recent divorce/separation/whatever from his wife, he doesn't have her to keep his head out of the clouds.

But in regards to his playing, I don't know what you're talking about. The guy's a fantastic player. Yes, he plays simple stuff in demos. Isn't that the point though? To play simple so that the gear being Demo'd is shown off, not the player's skill? He's a technical player with a bluesy edge, and he can put lots of feeling into what he's playing when he wants to. The guy's been recorded by Eddie Kramer. Eddie Kramer doesn't record **** players, he has the credentials to afford not to. He's an incredibly versatile player, regardless of his tendency to shred too much. You may not like his playing, but that doesn't mean you have the right to call him a bad player. You just don't care for his playing.

-Ryan

Never did like their videos... Can't stand the stupid "Hard Days Night" intro... If you know what I mean... I think they are trying too hard to be like Phil X but Phil's a natural and is what he is...

I love Phil X...

I never really have liked the sound of Orange amps, they always sound thin to me.

Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind being "a pretty bad player," like Chappers. I still

enjoy their demo's, especially compared to most! Phil X is fun/funny, too.

I've never felt like Rod or Lee were "big headed," at all. But, I guess,

that's just me? :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, have any of you found that "demo's" by Anyone, are all that

accurate, to what you hear, when YOU play, those particular products? I

never have, really. Interesting, and "fun," possibly...but, accurate???

Sometimes, they've been so inaccurate, as to be laughable, or head scratchers.

CB

For the record I'd just say that I think his sidekick - Captain Lee, or whatever, is a much better player. At least when it comes to demoing the gear. He's got a great old school blues vocabulary and does a great job of bringing out the tone capabilities of the gear he's using. Chappers tends to pour on gain to white noise levels and shred away with little dynamics or variation.

My opinions, by nature different from all others', and I'm free to call him a half-witted scruffy looking nerf-herder if I feel like it [rolleyes]

A week or so back I posted a great video of the Captain playing, and he is really good, he keeps getting better all the time.

Chappers is pretty good in my book too though.

Chappers just got in a new load of his signature guitars.

Guest Farnsbarns

For the record I'd just say that I think his sidekick - Captain Lee, or whatever, is a much better player. At least when it comes to demoing the gear. He's got a great old school blues vocabulary and does a great job of bringing out the tone capabilities of the gear he's using. Chappers tends to pour on gain to white noise levels and shred away with little dynamics or variation.

My opinions, by nature different from all others', and I'm free to call him a half-witted scruffy looking nerf-herder if I feel like it [rolleyes]

Totally agree. Just to let you know, the captain is no side kick, if anything it's the other way around. The captain is the owner of Andertons, one of the largest Guitar dealers in the country.

Yeah I have to also agree.. Even though ive been one of the posters of their vids, the last few months ive been getting really bored of them.. Too many in jokes and Chappers does seem to be disappearing up his own arse.. (edit: often called Kravitz syndrome :P :))

I also prefer Lee's playing any day...

These last two vids of Chappers are more like a commercial, but this ML-2 is very nice.

His line of guitars I believe is made in the same plant (World Music Company) in South Korea as PRS's SE line of guitars.

This new ML-2 is 24 fret 25" scale, and looks like it will give the PRS SE LP shaped guitars a run for the money.

Chapman ML-2 Overview & Specification

Archived