Gibson Brands Forums

I like looking at other's guitars,post your favorite's

4Hayden

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm usually posting electrics here, but here's more acoustics . . . . Bozeman baby!

My latest snag is a Custom Shop Advanced Jumbo Red Spruce. Love the adi and rosewood -

AJRCFrontmd_zps5e156170.jpg

AJRCTop_zpsfc43b7ee.jpg

AJRCBackmd_zpsf04360d8.jpg

My Gibby acoustics - A Southern Jumbo True Vintage mahogany/sitka (with the split parallelogram inlays), a J-200 maple/sitka, and the Advanced Jumbo adi/rosewood -

GibsonAcoustics_zps30869e4e.jpg

Those are awesome looking acoustics,I only own one it's my grandads 1927 Washburn and has many miles on it

Hello!

Very nice guitars all over! The creamy Classic Custom, the Chet Atkins, Pippy's and Farnsbarns' historics are my personal favorites.

Here is my Gibson altar once again:

HPIM3355_zps20b24cc1.jpg

...and the Tele:

HPIM2890.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Here are a some pics of my favorite guitars...

My Gold top project guitar (gold leaf top)

Daves22KLesPaul_zps67dd3d9d.jpg

Jimmy Page EDS 1275 #054

DSC01834.jpg

1st edition Robot

Closeup.jpg

71 SG Standard

DSC01779.jpg

Hand painted Alhambra acoustic front

DSC01953.jpg

Hand painted Alhambra acoustic back

DSC01955.jpg

Johnny A.

View.jpg

Hello Dave!

You have a great taste! Beautiful instruments! Especially the Johnny A. What a harmonical design. It was just a week ago when we were discussing how hard is it to come up with something original for Gibson? Now, that's simply perfect.

What about the gold leaf project? You did it on Your own? May I ask how did You do it?

Cheers... Bence

Hello Dave!

You have a great taste! Beautiful instruments! Especially the Johnny A. What a harmonical design. It was just a week ago when we were discussing how hard is it to come up with something original for Gibson? Now, that's simply perfect.

What about the gold leaf project? You did it on Your own? May I ask how did You do it?

Cheers... Bence

That guitar started out as a worn brown Les Paul Studio... I bought the empty shell, guitar body and neck, on ebay. I loaded it up with all custom and vintage hardware and electronics. RS Guitarworks push pull kit for coil split and phase reverse, Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Jimmy Page, hand wound pups, 1970 double line double ring tuners, nickel stop bar and abs bridge... The finish was done by the best luthier in the area and the gold leaf by a profession who does restorations in gold leaf for museums and churches. The whole project took about 2 years considering 3 failed gold leaf attempts....

My Gold top project guitar (gold leaf top) . . .

I'm enjoying all the pics.

But man I love that gold leaf Gold Top of yours. A while back I was talking with a couple friends about GTs and I brought up yours - they couldn't believe it. Very cool. . [thumbup]

None of my Strats are pictured here or some of my other favorites but here are the bulk of my favorite Gibsons.

Very nice they are too!

Pardon my poor memory but what is the single-cutaway semi- in between the 335 dot and Lucille?

I know I've seen one before but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Gorgeous guitar!

[thumbup]

P.

My Gold top project guitar (gold leaf top)

Daves22KLesPaul_zps67dd3d9d.jpg

Jimmy Page EDS 1275 #054

DSC01834.jpg

1st edition Robot

Closeup.jpg

71 SG Standard

DSC01779.jpg

Hand painted Alhambra acoustic front

DSC01953.jpg

Hand painted Alhambra acoustic back

DSC01955.jpg

Johnny A.

View.jpg

I Like your collection , the picture of the gold top is awesome pics and guitar

Holy crap there's some real beauties in here [woot]

DaveInSpain I'd hang out with you brother [thumbup]

That "Hand painted Alhambra" is extremely cool and has to be a one-of-a-kind in the world - WOW!!!! Did you paint that? If so, you sir are a true master! If not - who did? My God that's so realistic it's haunting. Whoa!

Archived