Gibson Brands Forums

case not included... garbage

jeepster24

What is going on with these megacomglomerate stores letting people walk out with 1k+ guitars without a hardcase?

Is anyone else sick of this crap? I mean seriously. I'd like to know what Gibson ships their guitars to these retailers in? Because according to them, it's no in a hard case. It makes me never want to buy anything new because I can't trust how they were shipped. How can a so called guitar shop, with the word guitar in their name, claim to know anything about guitars when they're sending people out the door with them with no hard case. It's a joke, GC is a joke. And I'm starting to think Gibson is as well. They should not deal with companies that do this crap. One of two things is happening here, either A. Gibson is shipping guitars without cases, or B. these retailers are taking them out and making extra cash on them. Either way, it's BS and falls in the lap of Gibson. Gibson, please stop this BS policy, i won't be buying anything new from Gibson until I feel that the products are being shipped in a case that truly protects the integrity of the guitar and these retailers stop scamming us. Until then I'll continue to buy used equipement from people who have a sense of pride in what they're selling. Unfortunately, those people are far and few between, and none appear to work at any of these places.

thanks, and merry xmas.

Sorry man but first post and blowing up in flames?

GC does that a lot, they put their guitars "on sale" and the case is extra, once you add the case you end up paying normal price if you are lucky. Shady Sales tactic.

Why blame Gibson? when they ship their guitars with cases, at least any guitar over $1,000.

It is easy to get around this issue, do your research before going to GC and you are set. If they try to pull a fast one then you know.

It's easy. Just don't shop at GC. Go to mom-and-pop stores with friendly service. The store I get my stuff from doesn't necessarily have the best prices, but their employees work hard to make sure I can get the best deal possible and that I'm completely satisfied.

Nice entrance, by the way...

GC does do this a lot. When I bought my DC there the first guy I spoke to told me it came with a case, the second guy was like no, this case is extra. I'm like, yea, ******bag I spoke to first said it came with one. So he's like, well, he's not supposed to tell you that very few guitars come with a case, but I'll see if there are any spares in the back. Funny how they just happened to have a Gibson case for my DC back there...

I probably wouldn't have bought my RD if it didn't come with a case. It would be tough as nails to try and find one for that odd shape.

Truth is as a consumer you are the first and last line of protection for your own self.

Gibson is not going to overlook every deal and make sure it is fair, they do try to get their dealers in line but ultimately you have to know what you are buying, especially when it comes to major purchases.

What is worse is that maybe GC does not have anything to do with this, it may be some of the guys that work there. I mean their tags do say whether a guitar comes with a case or not.

WC= "with case" and not for "without case" I think some say GB for "gig bag"

If somebody is trying to sell you at turd and they tell you is chocolate nugget don't buy it. If it smells like sh!t it is because it is.

It really depends on the model you buy, some come with cases, some come with gig bags and some come with squat. It's all so they can keep the price down and, in a way, I kind of like not having to always pay for a case that I might or might not like. My LP Custom came with the brown case with the hot pink lining and shroud and leather covered handle. Well, 16 years later the combination lock is busted and the stitching on the handle is all coming undone. "Eventually," I'll get around to buying a more durable and practical SKB or Anvil case for it but wouldn't it have been nice if I didn't have to pay for a case that looks nice but isn't very practical for hauling around the guitar?

When it states on the Gibson website the guitar comes with a hard shell then trust me its coming with a hard shell..

I bought a Gibson LP guitar from Soundcontrol last year (they are now in administration) only to find when it arrived at the store it was in a Gibson Soft case....WTF... This was corrected before I left.... A few days later I had to return the guitar as there were some "Issues with it" I was reluctant to let the case go back with it however I was told I had no option.... The guitar was replaced a week later and low and behold....It came again in a soft case....And again this was corrected!.

Two weeks ago I bought a fantastic LP Studio NEW for under £640....And that arrived all correct and in a hard case....

I think GC are trying to have you boys over!!

I dont think Gibson are aware! and I dont blame them!

Flight959

I'd like to know what Gibson ships their guitars to these retailers in? Because according to them' date=' it's no in a hard case. [/quote']

A brown rough and thick paper box (i don't know the name, sorry) not thick enough to protect it and clearly not worth respect. It ain't a case.

By the way, I'm with you. Guitars are meant to rest in the case, not in a cra**y paper box.

Regards

My Guitar Center has a computer now set up to do price-matches by the customer. Maybe it's always been there, but I just noticed it last time I was there.

I'd say go online and find a site that's selling the guitar, even at the same price, with a case. I know a majority (if not all) Gibsons come with some sort of case... the lower-end comes with a gig bag, the higher with a hardshell. If they'll do a price-match, they should also do an "accessory match."

Looking through Musician's Friend quickly, the only model I found that doesn't have anything is the Melody Maker (which I know had a gig bag at one point, so they may just have left it out of the description). The SG Special Faded is the only model that ships with a gig bag.

Only once in my life I prefered a gigbag. That was when I bought my Richie Kotzen Telecaster. The gigbag was so awesome, vintage, unique and GOOD, that I chose to stick to it. I like how it weights, also.

I have a gigbag and a case for any type of guitar I own. Be it a tele/strat, the Taylor or the SG - the gigbag for the SG sucks and I'll never use it, one the case is light.

i won't be buying anything new from Gibson until I feel that the products are being shipped in a case that truly protects the integrity

Alright! Because buying used will ensure the integrity of the product eusa_clap.gif

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I think you should just ask for the case, if GC a-hole attendant isnt willing to give you one, then dont shop there... after some episodes with those suckers I never do.

GC already gives discounts on floor models' date=' i understand this. but GC is slowly i repeat slowly losing money, im shocked that they didnt included it free with purchase, esp in time were money is in a crunch. anything to make a buck[/quote']

Listen to what you're saying. If GC is slowly losing money, giving their cases away free isn't going increase their income. I just don't think that giving away $70+ cases would boost their sales enough to counter-act their bleeding profit margin.

GC has been playing the "case not included in price" game since they opened.

Gibsons and American Fenders all ship in cases (since the mid-70's at least).

GC and all the other dealers advertise MAP prices. Those manufacturer specified Minimum Advertised Prices include the cases which the guitars ship from the manufacturer in.

You simply need to be an informed consumer before you shop for guitars (or anything else for that matter).

The additional problem with GC separating guitars from their cases (and also from their hang tags, warranty docs, truss rod wrenches or any other material packed with the guitar/case at the factory), is that you often face a challenge with GC finding your accessories/documents should you decide to buy.

As regards "floor samples"... Every one of those guitars hanging on the walls for anyone to play/damage/abuse is technically a floor sample/used guitar. A "new" car that the dealer gives to a salesman is called a "demo" and racks up thousands of miles of use, just like those guitars rack up hours of abuse. Neither one is really "new" any longer.

If you want to know the truth about GC's profitability, review their filings; they are a public corporation and file reports to their stockholders.

Archived