Gibson Brands Forums

IPad query

duluthdan

Ipad 2, IPad mini, IPad Retina - which one is most useable - especially for capturing lyrics? The IPad 2 is pretty cheap right now - looking for something to store lyrics that is easily accessible, and easily seen - are the minis too small? Do I need bigger than 16 G ?

Minis are just fine.

I have a ipad 3 retina display but I wish I had one of my kids minis they are just the right size to pack around with you.

But if it's just for home use I'd grab the bigger one.

Yes 16G more than enough you will never fill it.

I have an app ill have to check what it's called but it's set up perfectly for writing music. I'll have to get back to you on that. Good luck

I have the retina model 16gb and I don't think you can go wrong with it. I use mine for song writing and editing with the Apple Pages app that I also like a lot. I also will take quick videos of myself when I have ideas I don't want to forget.

Don't know much about the earlier models but I think the newer models keep getting faster and the cameras get better. An ipad update will probably be happening before the holiday season so expect the current models to drop in price. Good luck!

If font size is an issue (as it is for me), the full size version is a better choice,

I recommend the retina version for its better visuals, faster processor, and greater likelihood of compatibility with future apps.

Our 4 kids are all computer nerds. Two actually have computer under graduated degrees. Their significant others are also technically savvy. All have the full size,, as do I and my wife. I doubt there are any things you can do on/with the mini that you can't on the full size. I would spring for the 64k because song files multiply like rabbits.

I have the retina model, and use onsong for my songbook and garageband for recording

the mini would NOT be big enough for me to see

Garage Band on an IPad ? There are no inputs - do you simply use the onboard mic? And the store the fil on "the cloud" somewhere? Do you sync it to an IMac?

Garage Band on an IPad ? There are no inputs - do you simply use the onboard mic? And the store the fil on "the cloud" somewhere? Do you sync it to an IMac?

Dan

You get very good quality USB Mic's now..thats what a lot of folk are using to record to IPad..Laptops ect'

The : cloud" is the net..the interweb...Soundcloud is a good easy site lots of pros and armatures use..

get your set up and I will help you get started..just PM me :)

Ipad 2, IPad mini, IPad Retina - which one is most useable - especially for capturing lyrics? The IPad 2 is pretty cheap right now - looking for something to store lyrics that is easily accessible, and easily seen - are the minis too small? Do I need bigger than 16 G ?

Check this out Duluth...... Easy and FUN

http://apogeedigital.com/products/mic.php

Dan

You get very good quality USB Mic's now..thats what a lot of folk are using to record to IPad..Laptops ect'

The : cloud" is the net..the interweb...Soundcloud is a good easy site lots of pros and armatures use..

get your set up and I will help you get started..just PM me :)

You can't use USB mic with iPads.

The apogee thing seems how to do it

I still have the original iPad. Sensational.

I use it for read only internet - e.g. Gibson Forum.

Here are some things to keep in mind:

Not to be the Voice of Doom, but I had a very malicious attack a few years back on my work p.c. that wiped everything even through the work security system. Sorry to say, your Worshipful Boss if you are listening, but I didn't really care at the time all that much, (I mean it was tough playing my guitar for a few days while all the techies flipped a lid trying to get the work stuff going again, but that is a whole other story), but it highlighted a few concerns for all my recorded stuff, so since then I set up my recording stuff on an OFFLINE Mac G5 iMac. I run a tune to a thumb drive and to another Mac laptop to put them online. I try not to store anything valuable on any computer that is online, and I only use my bank account through the work p.c. which has massive firewall protocols these days.

Just a few things to keep in mind........

BluesKIng777.

P.S. I have the Apogee Mic but have not tried it on the iPad, because I don't want to like it.....and use it for the reasons above.

Archived