Gibson Brands Forums

bbg's friday video

blindboygrunt

"Can't start a fire without a spark." Damn good line. Kind of defines my life at times. You made that song about me and we don't even know each other. I also dig the line "tired and bored with myself." Been there and done that many times. Have you met me before?...lol........Seriously, my friend, you are a folksinger. This is a splendid coffeehouse performance. If I walked into a coffeehouse and heard you doing this song, I'd likely get my coffee, sit down for a while and listen to you. The entire performance inspires me.

Great Bruce rendition. I dig it BBG, and this from a New Jersey resident.

My favorite part of this forum is getting to see everyone perform. It inspires me to do more and get better. Better still, it make me feel damn good that we are from east coast west coast Ireland Prague Australia Africa and who knows where else... And we are all doing this together.

Ps get a haircut.

The Springsteen version I've heard most is good, but too commercialized for me. Too "studioized," if that's a word. Too fast, too up tempo. Too clean and perfect. This rendition by blindboy was much more personal. Stark and raw. For me, the lyrics are much more potent when the singer comes across like he's living them and that's the feeling I got from this particular rendition. I liked it when I first heard it yesterday, and it sounds even better today. Forgot to mention it yesterday, but the harmonica is great.

joining flatbaroques misery guts club ,

was messing around with the harp and orthadentist equipment . recorded this . bit sketchy , but tough titty

abuse always welcome

cheers folks

Like I just told FB, I have been having trouble watching videos and catching up on a few.

This is great. Playing, vocals and a blurry video all add up!

I am going to have to dig out some Bruce-maybe this one! I don't seem to come across him in Chordie.com., or I didn't consider him, but all is fair etc......so I will have another look.

BluesKing777.

Like I just told FB, I have been having trouble watching videos and catching up on a few.

This is great. Playing, vocals and a blurry video all add up!

I am going to have to dig out some Bruce-maybe this one! I don't seem to come across him in Chordie.com., or I didn't consider him, but all is fair etc......so I will have another look.

BluesKing777.

Thanks BK.

You ever have a look at the ultimate guitar site/app for chords ? Just curious because you mention chordie a lot , which is a great site . sorry if I'm teaching granny how to suck eggs. I just think its a great site/app.

And the blurry video may seem like an artistic flourish , which is good , but truth is I don't know why its blurry.

Archived