Gibson Brands Forums

Greatest guitar players nobody ever heard of

rct

I think you mean Eric Stewart.

[blush].....](*,).....[lol]

DOH!......Thanks Cookie!

And I didn't even mean Dave Stewart as in 'Dave-Stewart-and-Annie-Lennox' but Dave Stewart as in 'Dave-Stewart-and-Barbara-Gaskin'.

Strange mistake and I know now why I made the error. Long story involving a Gamelan player I know....

Carry On!

P.

Les Harvey of Stone the Crows.

Another Scot - I saw them a couple times, that band was full of talent and turned out to be years ahead of its time. Maggie Bell was a fantastic singer and if only Harvey had lived...he was tragically electrocuted at a gig as you know...really a major league guy. Think he also was 'The Sensational' Alex Harvey's brother?

Anyway....Ed Bickert, Lorne Lofsky, Roland Prince, Pete Cosey, RAY GOMEZ, Reggie Boyd, Gabor Szabo......

Another Scot - I saw them a couple times, that band was full of talent and turned out to be years ahead of its time. Maggie Bell was a fantastic singer and if only Harvey had lived...he was tragically electrocuted at a gig as you know...really a major league guy. Think he also was 'The Sensational' Alex Harvey's brother?

Anyway....Ed Bickert, Lorne Lofsky, Roland Prince, Pete Cosey, RAY GOMEZ, Reggie Boyd, Gabor Szabo......

Yep, he was Alex Harvey's brother. I think they would have been a huge band if he didn't get killed. Maggie Bell was a great singer. They also had James Dewar who went on to be Robin Trower's vocalist. Like you said, full of talent.

OK, most people DID hear him but only few knew about him playing what they listened to:

Ry Cooder

Being # 8 on the Rolling Stone list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time couldn't manage to make his name more popular though billions of people know Buena Vista Social Club. His performance in Sister Morphine from the Rolling Stones album Sticky Fingers made him a benchmark for me years before I got to know his name, and some more years before I started playing guitar.

... His performance in Sister Morphine from the Rolling Stones album Sticky Fingers made him a benchmark for me years before I got to know his name, and some more years before I started playing guitar.

[thumbup] Ry Cooder definitely has a distinctive slide voice!

Derek is back with him Mopar I hope they make another great CD again last one they did was Cat Scratch Fever.

He released Double Live Gonzo of tours with Derek to buy time to work in Charles Hunn for Weekend Warriors.

when we saw Ted back in 2000 @ Atlantas Phillips arena, Derek was in the crowd, he resided nearby at the time, and actually came up on stage for a few (well rehearsed) songs.....

it was Dy-No-MYTE !!!

Archived