Gibson Brands Forums

Don't normally do this kinda thing...

Ryan H

Hey guys, it's been awhile. Some of you may remember me, some not.

Been busy as hell with college, so I haven't been on here much..

Anyways, the point of this topic is that I'm asking for a favor, for my good friend Wolfe.

Wolfe Macleod is owner and founder of Wolfetone Pickups, as many of you know. It's a 2-man operation hand-making high-quality pickups. Awhile back, he applied to Mission Main St Grants, organized by Chase Bank.

Small businesses apply to this program, and ask their customers/fans to vote for them. If they surpass 250 votes, they're eligible for up to $250,000 for their business...

Wolfe has always done good by me, and I'm sure many of you have had the pleasure of dealing with him. He's currently at 230 votes, and only 6 days remain in the program. If any of you could take a minute and vote for him, myself and Wolfe would really appreciate it.

https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/business/detail/19526

I've never been the type to ask for favors like this, but I support Wolfe and want to see him get these 250 votes.

Thanks for anybody who voted

-Ryan

Guest Farnsbarns

I voted because I only ever use my Facebook account for his kind of thing and have no "friends". I prefer mine made of flesh and blood, and, more importantly, able to buy me a pint. That said, it's a poor show to lay down that requirement, if one's demographic is non-idiots you're at a disadvantage from the off. I realise this wasn't Wolfetone BTW.

What do you mean by this?

I'm guessing Farns means he realises that it wasn't Wolfetone who added the fairly invidious f'book address-book requirement but rather the organisers themselves who were responsible.

The result of this is, obviously (as Rabs pointed out), that anyone without a f'book a/c is prohibited from taking part in the vote.

Downright Un-Democratic, if you ask me!

P.

I'm guessing Farns means he realises that it wasn't Wolfetone who added the invidious f'book requirement but rather the organisers themselves who were responsible.

The result of this is, obviously (as Rabs pointed out), that anyone without a f'book a/c is prohibited from taking part in the vote.

Downright Un-Democratic, if you ask me!

P.

Yeah, kinda sucks. I guess it's part of their method of preventing bots, or multiple votes from the same person. I don't really care for it, but it's what we have to work with...to be fair, they do state on the site "we never store or share your information". I checked the activity log of the app, and it hasn't accessed my information once, and I voted weeks ago.

7 votes to go...

-Ryan

Guest Farnsbarns

Last post on this topic from me.

We did it! Wolfe reached 250 votes today, and I'd like to thank everyone here who voted; it was a Massive help.

See you guys in another topic ;)

-Ryan

[thumbup]

Archived