Gibson Brands Forums

Is it me or...

Sitedrifter

I dont know why youre geting all worked up about it mate. You asked us in your thread title if its just you ...and we answered that, yes, its you. And then you get upset about it ... what gives. :rolleyes:

An excellent summary.

What is interesting is the amount of people in this thread that could see no wrong with a Gibson product or look past the issue and try and justify it. [confused]

Mark, what can we say. I for one kinda like the quirkiness of Gibsons. My children aren't perfect, but I still love them for all their faults. Why should my guitars be any different? [biggrin]

At the least I know it was made by humans instead of CNC machines. [thumbup]

Chuck

Mark, I would not buy the one in the first picture. It would make me dizzy. I'm a bit baffled by the inconsistency here, shouldn't be that hard to get it right. I like the picture of the original Original, might just nix the pearl dots altogether and fill the depressions with Rosewood dust or something on that reissue.

Site, the picture you posted was, as you described, not of a guitar you had inspected personally, but was a copy of a picture someone sent to you. It might have been more appropriate to ask if any one here had first hand, actually seen this "anomaly" rather than immediately bashing Bozeman QC. Frankly, I am puzzled why you would still be looking to buy a Gibson Acoustic given your high level of concern with them. Might there not be hidden problems?

According to photoshop, the (first) pic in post#1 is skewed 1 degree to the right of center of the photo frame... the second pic in post#7 is dead on center line. fwiw

Worth noting. Thanks, Tarrr.

Steve

Maybe the dots are in the right place and the pin holes are misplaced. It may be that the drilling of the holes in the bridge are two seperate operations and that until the the placement of the bridge to the guitar it would be hard to tell. If that is the case I would be hard pressed to say reject the whole guitar.If the guitar played and sounded pleasing to me I would ask for a discount. ( TIC)

Archived