Gibson Brands Forums

Tele vs Strat

frankafru

While the Tele and Strat are closer in nature than say a Les Paul and a Strat' date=' I still say everyone needs a Tele AND a Strat. They are different enough to warrant having both. [/quote']

Ditto. A Strat is more versatile overall though.

I would go with an American Stratocaster (heck I did go with that option for blues.) I do like the Telecaster, but I like the versatility and ergonomics of the Stratocaster better. I also like having a whammy bar, which I do use.

Go with the Esquire.

Talk about sonic honesty.

If you want versatility, you can not underestimate the versatility of the Stratocaster.

I went to the Experience Hendrix in Los Angeles "sponsored by Gibson" and everyone was playing Fender Stratocasters and Telecasters. Mostly Stratocasters though. I could go on and on about it and I believe I did early on when I first joined this forum.

Gibson, what were you thinking?

Eric Johnson, Brad Whitford, Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Eric Gales, etc.. etc... It was an incredible statement by the musicians there that night.

Again, Gibson what were you thinking?

I've never been fond of strats. I like the feeling of a tele (but this may just be because it resembles a lp more)

Most guitars will be able to handle a variety of genres better than some think. You can pretty much do anything you want with any guitar. There are some limits obviously, but isn't part of music breaking the boundaries? Find what guitar you like to play and you should be able to bring some versatility out of it.

Just a 2 cent rant... don't know if it made any sense... I'm having some technical issues so i'm a bit estranged...

Stratisfaction.jpg

Strat or Tele?

Definitely Strat.

Wanna play Country: get aTele.

For Blues I use: my EC Strat, SRV Strat and my ES335 and the Firebird V.

For the heavy stuff ther is the LP Standard and the '61 SG Reissue.

Ans if I need to go into the "Timemachine" and play Byrds, Beatles and Tom Petty

there waits the Rickenbacker 360/12.

But: A Tele is a great guitar and has been proven to be a classic workhorse

for all styles.

Had my neighbours boy coming over the other day with a Tele he got on e-bay

and to try it out with my amps. He loves it and he's an excellent country player.

Rock On to all of you!!!!

I play my Tele far more than my Strat, but that's because it is the Deluxe model with the S1 switching. That gives it a humbucker tone as well as the normal Tele tones. Also the noiseless pups are great in front of the computer.

For a straight American Tele vs straight American Strat...Strat all the way......

Archived