Gibson Brands Forums

Last jam with one of my best friends

saturn

OMG! That is awful.

My buddy/bass player friend passed out one night, we were just shooting the breeze and down he went, My heart was beating out of my chest, I had no idea what to do.. We bent down and started yelling at him,, he came too and had no idea what happened. I guess he had some blood pressure issues that were really known about till then. That story had a happy ending, I'm sorry that yours did not. Condolences to all.

If anyone is interested, I hastily made some slide shows for his friends and family. There are lots of good band shots.

One is set to the song "The One I Love". This was a song he always sang in any band we played in.

The other is set to "You're My Best Friend" and "The End" off Abbey Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXKzKwCrp5c

And if anyone is wondering from some of the photos....yes he was... and no I'm not. :rolleyes:

I am sorry for your loss. The slide shows were great. Looks like you guys shared a lot of good times together. Hold on to the memories.

It's kind of weird, the last real gig I played with him was at a place called Memories right near you in Mt. Airy.

So sorry to hear about this. It must have been devastating. As others have stated it's comforting to know that he was doing what he enjoyed, especially with his friends around him. Try to rest and be reminded this is not just a group of people here, we're your friends too.

Archived