Gibson Brands Forums

How's this for a line up...

daveinspain

Surfpup, that's not £50, it's 50 Shillings. I think that works out as £2.50! You can't get a pint of beer for that now.

Ian

Sorry, I knew that but used the wrong symbol - cuz £50 then would be a fair bit now.

Peter Grant demanded Zeppelin's name be in twice as big letters as anyone else (and 20,000 GBP!!!) for the gig.

Still, I guess the Maynard Ferguson Big Band would have settled for having their name half the size of Led Zep's [biggrin]

...don't believe Zappa's manager was so impressed though.

I was there. I was 16.

Johnny Winter, Floyd and Steppenwolf were all magnificent. I remember Floyd did 'Atom Heart Mother'.

On Sunday Zappa played in the afternoon then Flock and (dare I say this) Zeppelin went on a bit long....I had seen Zep the year before at the one-day Bath Festival and they were more exciting then.

It began to rain on Sunday night so the Airplane cut their set short. Hot Tuna didn't - they were great and I was converted that night.

And it was 50 bob (shillings) which is 4 dollars and 2 cents today!

Peter Grant demanded Zeppelin's name be in twice as big letters as anyone else (and 20,000 GBP!!!) for the gig.

Still, I guess the Maynard Ferguson Big Band would have settled for having their name half the size of Led Zep's [biggrin]

...don't believe Zappa's manager was so impressed though.

Peter Grant changed the concert business paradigm forever.

Archived